Velocity Reviews

-   Hardware (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f5-hardware.html)
-   -   PC heating issues. (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t679455-pc-heating-issues.html)

jas11262009 04-11-2009 03:12 PM

PC heating issues.

I thought I solved the issue with my pc temp but it seems the problem persists.

* AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+ (Dual Core) AM2 2048K Cache
* Spire Kestrel-King II AMD 64 fan
* BIOSTAR A770 A2+,PCI-EX, 1GB LAN
* 2GB (2x1GB) PC6400 DDR2 800 Dual Channel
* ATI Radeon HD 3650 1GB PCI Express 16x dual head, tv out
* AC 97 3D Full Duplex sound card (onboard)
* Ethernet network adapter (onboard)
* PowMax Black Mid Tower ATX Case w/ Front USB
* 800W ATX Power Supply

My case has one bottom frontal intake fan, one side panel intake fan, two rear exhaust fans, cpu fan and a psu exhaust fan (on the bottom, not the rear). From my analysis, the only thing I can figure is that one of the fans needs adjusting. My best guess is to have the side panel fan adjusted to an exhaust fan but the only reason I installed it was to hit the memory chips. I know the onboard memory heatsinks have been claimed to be enough but with these heat issues I have to disagree in this case. Anyone who's familiar with my MB knows that the cpu heatsink sits too closely to the first memory slot. My only other guess would be to remove the memory chip from that slot. Unfortunately I plan on purchasing 8g worth of memory so I need to use the slot. I am taking further measures by replacing the cpu coolant grease with the appropriate amd certified grease. From my research, there is but one grease that comes from australia and have ordered it. If this isn't enough, then I'm at a loss and could use some suggestions. I have actually considered removing three frontal bay doors and installing yet another intake fan. I know this may be overdoing it but it's one of the few options remaining.
Any advice would be appreciated.