Velocity Reviews

-   -   New version of C++ Middleware Writer available (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t678854-new-version-of-c-middleware-writer-available.html)

coal@mailvault.com 04-06-2009 11:15 PM

New version of C++ Middleware Writer available

Shalom

I'm happy to announce that version 1.8 of the C++ Middleware
Writer is available on line --
http://webEbenezer.net/cgi-bin/samb.cgi .

This version adds support for the following:

* Exclusive marshalling support of boost::intrusive::list and
boost::intrusive::rbtree. Neither Boost Intrusive nor Boost
Serialization offer serialization support of the Intrusive
containers. Rather than having two types called 'list,' we
refer to boost::intrusive::list as an ilist. An example of this
support is here --
http://webEbenezer.net/rbtree_marshalling.html .

* Several new options on the user interface including:

+ An "Error Handling" option that indicates whether the code should
be written using return codes or exceptions. The exception
support is new in this release. This option affects the signatures
of
the generated marshalling functions.

+ A "Code Structure" option that indicates whether the code should
be written in header-only format or separated interface and
implementation files. The separated interface and implementation
support is new in this release. This option also affects the
signatures of the generated marshalling functions.

+ A choice between unsigned short or unsigned int as the type for
constants written by the C++ Middleware Writer. Constants that
identify messages and user defined types are written by the
software. Previously the constants were always unsigned ints.

* A mechanism to turn off automatic code generation for a type.
Adding a // comment within a class declaration with
"hand_written_marshalling_code" in the text of the comment will
disable default code generation for that type. For example,

class bag
{
// hand_written_marshalling_code
};

As the comment indicates, you will provide the implementation of
the marshalling functions for this class. This option is not
available
with /* */ comments.

Constructive comments welcome. Thanks to Ian Collins, Jeff
Schwab and James Kanze for discussions here that led to
improvements in this release.

Brian Wood
Ebenezer Enterprises
www.webEbenezer.net

coal@mailvault.com 04-07-2009 05:49 PM

Re: New version of C++ Middleware Writer available

On Apr 6, 6:15*pm, c...@mailvault.com wrote:
> Shalom
>
> I'm happy to announce that version 1.8 of the C++ Middleware
> Writer is available on line --http://webEbenezer.net/cgi-bin/samb.cgi.
>
> This version adds support for the following:
>
> * Exclusive marshalling support of boost::intrusive::list and
> * boost::intrusive::rbtree. *Neither Boost Intrusive nor Boost
> * Serialization offer serialization support of *the Intrusive
> * containers. *Rather than having two types called 'list,' we
> * refer to boost::intrusive::list as an ilist. *An example of this
> * support is here --
> *http://webEbenezer.net/rbtree_marshalling.html.

I should mention that for ilist we have support for both
list_base_hook<> and list_member_hook<>. But with rbtree
we only have support for set_base_hook<>. This is due to
anoversight and the next release, G-d willing, will permit
the use of set_member_hook<>.

Brian Wood
Ebenezer Enterprises
www.webEbenezer.net