Velocity Reviews

-   -   COM+ C# newbie.... (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t67879-com-c-newbie.html)

12-01-2003 01:39 PM

COM+ C# newbie....

I have a class that has the COM+ attributes to make it an object pool and
transactional, I have strong-named the DLL and all the DLL's that it uses.

I have used regsvcs.exe to register it in the COM+ catalog, I can see it in
the catalog but.....

When I use it from a web service I get the following error when attempting
to create the object in the web service

'The ServicedComponent being invoked is not correctly configured (Use
RegSvcs to re-register).'

I am using framework 1.1 with Windows 2000 Server SP3

Any Ideas?

Cheers

Ollie

Nicholas Paldino [.NET/C# MVP] 12-01-2003 02:41 PM

Re: COM+ C# newbie....

Ollie,

Do you have any code in your COM+ component that requires certain user
rights? Is the component configured correctly to be used by the ASPNET user
that ASP.NET is running your page under (most likely, if you haven't changed
the defaults).

If you have been able to call this component in a console or windows
forms app, then it is most likely a rights issue with the ASPNET user.

Hope this helps.

--
- Nicholas Paldino [.NET/C# MVP]
- mvp@spam.guard.caspershouse.com

Gawelek 12-01-2003 03:00 PM

Re: COM+ C# newbie....

> .... all the DLL's that it uses.
Are they registered in GAC ?

Gawel

12-01-2003 03:06 PM

Re: COM+ C# newbie....

Nick,

I have it running in a normal asp.net, I am trying to move some business
logic to an 'out of process' server so I thought I would try to get it to
run in the local COM+ catalog first...

Cheers

Ollie
"Nicholas Paldino [.NET/C# MVP]" <mvp@spam.guard.caspershouse.com> wrote in
message news:ORmXrlBuDHA.1788@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Ollie,
>
> Do you have any code in your COM+ component that requires certain user
> rights? Is the component configured correctly to be used by the ASPNET

user
> that ASP.NET is running your page under (most likely, if you haven't

changed
> the defaults).
>
> If you have been able to call this component in a console or windows
> forms app, then it is most likely a rights issue with the ASPNET user.
>
> Hope this helps.
>

> --
> - Nicholas Paldino [.NET/C# MVP]
> - mvp@spam.guard.caspershouse.com
>
> <ooo> wrote in message news:eJCkmCBuDHA.620@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> > I have a class that has the COM+ attributes to make it an object pool

and
> > transactional, I have strong-named the DLL and all the DLL's that it

uses.

> > I have used regsvcs.exe to register it in the COM+ catalog, I can see it

> in
> > the catalog but.....
> >
> > When I use it from a web service I get the following error when

attempting
> > to create the object in the web service
> >
> > 'The ServicedComponent being invoked is not correctly configured (Use
> > RegSvcs to re-register).'
> >
> > I am using framework 1.1 with Windows 2000 Server SP3
> >
> > Any Ideas?
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > Ollie

12-01-2003 03:14 PM

Re: COM+ C# newbie....

yes all the DLL it uses are in the GAC, does it have to be in the GAC as
well?

Ollie

Willy Denoyette [MVP] 12-01-2003 04:08 PM

Re: COM+ C# newbie....

Try first to use it from a console program.

Willy.

<ooo> wrote in message news:eJCkmCBuDHA.620@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> I have a class that has the COM+ attributes to make it an object pool and
> transactional, I have strong-named the DLL and all the DLL's that it uses.
>
> I have used regsvcs.exe to register it in the COM+ catalog, I can see it

in
> the catalog but.....
>
> When I use it from a web service I get the following error when attempting
> to create the object in the web service
>
> 'The ServicedComponent being invoked is not correctly configured (Use
> RegSvcs to re-register).'
>
> I am using framework 1.1 with Windows 2000 Server SP3
>
> Any Ideas?
>
> Cheers
>
> Ollie

12-01-2003 06:24 PM

Re: COM+ C# newbie....

cheers willy, I am trying it in a coneoloe app now and it works....

But where would I put application config values that I normally put the in
the application.config file for a COM+ component?

I have tried putting them in the xml config fiel for my test harness but it
is not reading the values ?

Any one have any ideas?

Cheers

Ollie

Nicholas Paldino [.NET/C# MVP] 12-01-2003 07:08 PM

Re: COM+ C# newbie....

Ollie,

If it works in a console app and not an ASP.NET app, then you need to
configure the user in the web.config file for where the page resides (you
can impersonate a user for that directory, for example). Or, you can
imitate a user through code (look at the documentation for the Impersonate
method on the WindowsIdentity class for an example of how to do this).

Also, you could also set the security of the COM+ component so that it
allows all users to execute it (don't make it run in the context of the
currently logged in user, especially if this is running in IIS).

Hope this helps.

--

<ooo> wrote in message news:%2333A5hDuDHA.2248@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> cheers willy, I am trying it in a coneoloe app now and it works....
>
> But where would I put application config values that I normally put the in
> the application.config file for a COM+ component?
>
> I have tried putting them in the xml config fiel for my test harness but

it
> is not reading the values ?
>
> Any one have any ideas?
>
> Cheers
>
> Ollie
>
> "Willy Denoyette [MVP]" <willy.denoyette@pandora.be> wrote in message
> > Try first to use it from a console program.
> >
> > Willy.
> >
> > <ooo> wrote in message news:eJCkmCBuDHA.620@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> > > I have a class that has the COM+ attributes to make it an object pool

> and
> > > transactional, I have strong-named the DLL and all the DLL's that it

> uses.
> > >
> > > I have used regsvcs.exe to register it in the COM+ catalog, I can see

it
> > in
> > > the catalog but.....
> > >
> > > When I use it from a web service I get the following error when

> attempting
> > > to create the object in the web service
> > >
> > > 'The ServicedComponent being invoked is not correctly configured (Use
> > > RegSvcs to re-register).'
> > >
> > > I am using framework 1.1 with Windows 2000 Server SP3
> > >
> > > Any Ideas?
> > >
> > > Cheers
> > >
> > > Ollie

12-01-2003 07:19 PM

Re: COM+ C# newbie....

cheers Nick....

How can I use the app config setting that used to be stored in the
web.config xml file for the ASP.Net web service?

message news:uZYO$6DuDHA.2132@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...

Willy Denoyette [MVP] 12-01-2003 08:05 PM

Re: COM+ C# newbie....

Forget about this for a moment and return to your asp.net page and try to
run this in aspcomp mode.

Willy.