Velocity Reviews

-   Hardware (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f5-hardware.html)
-   -   new hard drive installation (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t678587-new-hard-drive-installation.html)

rkiddo38 04-04-2009 06:50 PM

new hard drive installation

Installed a new 500GB drive and have a few issues:
When I boot the computer the first screen I see is black with the message
"floppy diskette seek failure" is says to strike the F1 key to continue, F2 to run setup utility. This message appears every time I boot the computer.
OS is windows XP.
Next issue is that appears is that the font size is to large, the WELCOME sign when starting windows is larger then with my old drive, also; when I run a spread sheet like Quicken with the larger font is takes up alot of space almost difficult to locate the exit sign to move off the page.
Finally the last issue, when I attempt to shut down the computer the low power selection is grayed out giving me only two options, one to restart my computer or two to shut it down.

Would appreciate any help someone could provide.

dood 04-04-2009 09:10 PM

1 sounds like you might have to re-seat the plugs for the floppy
2 update your video driver
3 a better description of the issue pleasE?

rkiddo38 04-04-2009 09:31 PM

The problem is that I don't have a floppy drive in this computer, would like to know how to fix the problem.
How do I update my video driver, I thought all that would be taken care of when I reinstalled windows.
I only have two choices to shut down my computer either I do a restart or completely shut it down. The choice to select hibernate is grayed out

dood 04-05-2009 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkiddo38
The problem is that I don't have a floppy drive in this computer, would like to know how to fix the problem.

when you startup got your bios settings and make sure you don't have it looking for a floopy to boot from.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkiddo38
How do I update my video driver, I thought all that would be taken care of when I reinstalled windows.

You goto the video cards manufacturers site and download the latest driver. the drivers in your installation are only gonna be as late as when the installation cd was burned.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkiddo38
I only have two choices to shut down my computer either I do a restart or completely shut it down. The choice to select hibernate is grayed out

Thats going to be in your power management options you can enable hibernation in there