Velocity Reviews

-   -   Cisco Catalyst Express 520 VLAN solution for shared office (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t677432-cisco-catalyst-express-520-vlan-solution-for-shared-office.html)

David 03-27-2009 12:50 AM

Cisco Catalyst Express 520 VLAN solution for shared office

Scenario:
New client (Acme) has relocated and is sharing an office with Bacme. The
wish to keep their networks separate, but Acme has a Canon iRC3200 which
they will share.
Bacme has a Cisco Catalyst Express 520. Acme has an unmanaged switch.

Question:
Given the GFC and that all parties wish to minimise expense, our current
thinking is that the simplest solution is to connect the printer to the
Bacme switch, add that to VLANx, configure a second port as VLANx only, and
connect the Acme switch to the Bacme switch via that port. Can that be made
to work with the 520? Are there any configuration issues? (don't worry
about the IP issues, we know how to sort that).

TIA,
David