Velocity Reviews

-   -   Cannot clear or erase browsing history in Firefox broswser - Fix (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t677423-cannot-clear-or-erase-browsing-history-in-firefox-broswser-fix.html)

03-26-2009 11:18 PM

Cannot clear or erase browsing history in Firefox broswser - Fix

Browse to about:config
And then scroll down to:
browser.urlbar.maxRichResults
And change the default. The default setting is 12 and if you want nothing,
you enter 0.

Once you have done the above you will need to close down Firefox and go back
in because one entry will still remain.

Evan Platt 03-27-2009 02:54 AM

Re: Cannot clear or erase browsing history in Firefox broswser - Fix

On Thu, 26 Mar 2009 23:18:51 -0000, <craig.richmond@virgin.net> wrote:

>Browse to about:config
>And then scroll down to:
>browser.urlbar.maxRichResults
>And change the default. The default setting is 12 and if you want nothing,
>you enter 0.
>
>Once you have done the above you will need to close down Firefox and go back
>in because one entry will still remain.

I wouldn't really call that a fix.

Most programs to make a change like that require a exit / restart.

larrylaundry@yahoo.com 03-27-2009 05:12 AM

craig.richm...@virgin.net wrote:
> Browse to about:config
> And then scroll down to:
> browser.urlbar.maxRichResults
> And change the default. The default setting is 12 and if you want nothing,
> you enter 0.
>
> Once you have done the above you will need to close down Firefox and go back
> in because one entry will still remain.

I hate the firefox 3** versions. They have never worked right on any
version of windows I have used, Sucks in linux the same. I hope they
will consider keeping with 2***

03-27-2009 11:06 AM

> On Thu, 26 Mar 2009 23:18:51 -0000, <craig.richmond@virgin.net> wrote:
>
>>Browse to about:config
>>And then scroll down to:
>>browser.urlbar.maxRichResults
>>And change the default. The default setting is 12 and if you want nothing,
>>you enter 0.
>>
>>Once you have done the above you will need to close down Firefox and go
>>back
>>in because one entry will still remain.

> I wouldn't really call that a fix.
>
> Most programs to make a change like that require a exit / restart.

If it is not a fix then what is it?

Evan Platt 03-27-2009 01:47 PM

On Fri, 27 Mar 2009 11:06:40 -0000, <craig.richmond@virgin.net> wrote:

>If it is not a fix then what is it?

Umm I don't know. Like I said, most programs where you make a change
like that, you need to shutdown and restart the program.

My car stopped working the other day.

Turns out, every once in a while, I need to put gas in it.

Did I FIX the car? No.

Same thing.

03-27-2009 04:49 PM

> On Fri, 27 Mar 2009 11:06:40 -0000, <craig.richmond@virgin.net> wrote:
>
>>If it is not a fix then what is it?

> Umm I don't know. Like I said, most programs where you make a change
> like that, you need to shutdown and restart the program.
>
> My car stopped working the other day.
>
> Turns out, every once in a while, I need to put gas in it.
>
> Did I FIX the car? No.
>
> Same thing.

Evan I don't see why you are singling out the bit about restarting the
browser? There are options that you need to change prior to this. At the end
of the day why are you so concerned as to whether it is a fix or not? If you
don't believe its a fix then so what?

Evan Platt 03-27-2009 06:06 PM

On Fri, 27 Mar 2009 16:49:40 -0000, <craig.richmond@virgin.net> wrote:

>Evan I don't see why you are singling out the bit about restarting the
>browser?

Because, correct me if I'm wrong, that was the entire content of your
message?

>There are options that you need to change prior to this. At the end
>of the day why are you so concerned as to whether it is a fix or not?

Then what was the point of your message? Your subject was vague, the
message body was also vague.

>If you don't believe its a fix then so what?

Just trying to ensure correct information. It's not a bug, therefore
it's not a fix.

Was your post an attempt to be a followup to someone's question? If
so, there's no evidence to support this in your post. Completely new
subject, no "References:" header - nothing.

This would be like me stating
Subject: "Car won't start or run - Fix"
Body: "Put gasoline in it."

Make senese now?

03-27-2009 06:49 PM

> On Fri, 27 Mar 2009 16:49:40 -0000, <craig.richmond@virgin.net> wrote:
>
>>Evan I don't see why you are singling out the bit about restarting the
>>browser?

> Because, correct me if I'm wrong, that was the entire content of your
> message?
>
>>There are options that you need to change prior to this. At the end
>>of the day why are you so concerned as to whether it is a fix or not?

> Then what was the point of your message? Your subject was vague, the
> message body was also vague.
>
>>If you don't believe its a fix then so what?

> Just trying to ensure correct information. It's not a bug, therefore
> it's not a fix.
>
> Was your post an attempt to be a followup to someone's question? If
> so, there's no evidence to support this in your post. Completely new
> subject, no "References:" header - nothing.
>
> This would be like me stating
> Subject: "Car won't start or run - Fix"
> Body: "Put gasoline in it."
>
> Make senese now?

Evan the purpose of my message was to help fellow readers of the newsgroup.
It was for information only. It was not following up on any particular issue
previous. And if you look back at my message the restarting of the browser
is the last step. Did you not read the below in my original message? All
that was prior to restarting the browser.

Jordon 03-27-2009 07:26 PM

Re: Cannot clear or erase browsing history in Firefox broswser -Fix

craig.richmond@virgin.net wrote:
> "Evan Platt" wrote in message

>> Was your post an attempt to be a followup to someone's question? If
>> so, there's no evidence to support this in your post. Completely new
>> subject, no "References:" header - nothing.

> Evan the purpose of my message was to help fellow readers of the newsgroup.
> It was for information only. It was not following up on any particular issue
> previous. And if you look back at my message the restarting of the browser
> is the last step. Did you not read the below in my original message? All
> that was prior to restarting the browser.

It's 24hoursupport.jeopardy.helpdesk

--
Jordon

03-27-2009 11:09 PM

"Jordon" <jordon@REMOVETHISsamiamnot.com> wrote in message
> craig.richmond@virgin.net wrote:
>> "Evan Platt" wrote in message

>>> Was your post an attempt to be a followup to someone's question? If
>>> so, there's no evidence to support this in your post. Completely new
>>> subject, no "References:" header - nothing.

>> Evan the purpose of my message was to help fellow readers of the
>> newsgroup. It was for information only. It was not following up on any
>> particular issue previous. And if you look back at my message the
>> restarting of the browser is the last step. Did you not read the below in
>> my original message? All that was prior to restarting the browser.

> It's 24hoursupport.jeopardy.helpdesk
>
> --
> Jordon

Sorry youve lost me?