Velocity Reviews

-   -   Trying to add new XP laptop to home network (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t6765-trying-to-add-new-xp-laptop-to-home-network.html)

=?Utf-8?B?RHJhZ29udG9tYXRv?= 06-19-2005 10:15 PM

Trying to add new XP laptop to home network

I recently set up a wireless network and have two PCs and one laptop all
working fine. But I now want to add a fourth laptop and for some reason it
cannot see or be seen on the network. It access the internet fine, via the
Belkin wireless router.

Can anyone suggest a course of action I can take (other than scouring help
sites like this, which I am doing).

Thanks

Steve Winograd [MVP] 06-19-2005 11:03 PM

Re: Trying to add new XP laptop to home network

In article <39870623-F3A6-4F99-AC48-6979480818E7@microsoft.com>,
Dragontomato <Dragontomato@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>I recently set up a wireless network and have two PCs and one laptop all
>working fine. But I now want to add a fourth laptop and for some reason it
>cannot see or be seen on the network. It access the internet fine, via the
>Belkin wireless router.
>
>Can anyone suggest a course of action I can take (other than scouring help
>sites like this, which I am doing).
>
>Thanks

Without any details of how you've set up the network, it's hard to say
what's wrong.

Make sure that a firewall isn't blocking access on the fourth laptop.
Try the troubleshooter here:

http://www.michna.com/kb/wxnet.htm
--
Best Wishes,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

Clark 06-20-2005 01:40 AM

Re: Trying to add new XP laptop to home network

Check your WEP or WAP settings. The 802.1x seems to be enabled by default,
you might try turning that off.

Clark