Velocity Reviews

-   -   Unallocated ext drive (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t676355-unallocated-ext-drive.html)

robert 03-19-2009 12:02 PM

Unallocated ext drive

I transfered my Maxtor one touch USB external drive to my new PC but despite
following the instructions it will not open. I have an icon on the desktop
but this is just a name with no drive letter. In disk management it shows as
unallocated but there seems to be no way to allocate a letter there. I`ve
tried right clicking on the field in disk management as one forum suggests
but there is no way to allocate the letter.
I don`t want to reformat as there is some useful stuff on it.
Any help appreciated.

hwf 03-19-2009 10:55 PM

Re: Unallocated ext drive

robert wrote:
> I transfered my Maxtor one touch USB external drive to my new PC but despite
> following the instructions it will not open. I have an icon on the desktop
> but this is just a name with no drive letter. In disk management it shows as
> unallocated but there seems to be no way to allocate a letter there. I`ve
> tried right clicking on the field in disk management as one forum suggests
> but there is no way to allocate the letter.
> I don`t want to reformat as there is some useful stuff on it.
> Any help appreciated.

Try looking at it with another computer.
If the problem persists you know its the Maxtor and not your PC.

^_^

--
http://www.palindeception.com/
http://palinpics4truth.blogspot.com