Velocity Reviews

-   Software (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f6-software.html)
-   -   UTF8 problem in Java (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t676163-utf8-problem-in-java.html)

mabs 03-18-2009 09:55 AM

UTF8 problem in Java

Hi All,

I am trying to read a web page. It contains unicoded forign language characters. I want to save that particular information only. But if I save the whole page, it looks normal and is written as UTF-8. But when I write only the particulatar string in it, it look as garbage. Infact the file is saved as ANSI. What should I do now?

URL url1 = new URL("-----");
BufferedReader in = new BufferedReader( new InputStreamReader(url1.openStream()));
PrintWriter out= new PrintWriter(new BufferedWriter(new FileWriter("test.txt")));
String str;
int n = 0;

while ((str = in.readLine()) != null){

if(str.contains("<td class='urdu-cell' align=right valign=top>") )

{
n=str.indexOf("<td class='urdu-cell' align=right valign=top>");
str = str.substring( n,n+str.indexOf("td") );
out.print(str);
}
}//wend
in.close();
out.close();

mabs 03-18-2009 09:56 AM

So sorry that I cannt post the URL link

susith 03-27-2009 05:37 AM

Use constructor

charsetName="UTF-8";
public InputStreamReader(InputStream in,
String charsetName)