Velocity Reviews

-   -   No audio devise is installed (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t675720-no-audio-devise-is-installed.html)

Fred Seaver 03-15-2009 05:34 PM

No audio devise is installed

I just installed Vista home Basic from XP . Do I need a new sound card or a
new driver?

Shirley Crabtree 03-15-2009 06:24 PM

Re: No audio devise is installed

"Fred Seaver" <fredseaver@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I just installed Vista home Basic from XP . Do I need a new sound card or a
>new driver?

You should have done your homework first:
http://www.technovice.net/archives/2...Test-Tool.html
http://digg.com/software/Test_Your_C...ompatibility_2
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...e-advisor.aspx

Or any of the hundreds of free online tools to test your hardware+
software compatibility with Vista.

Did you first identify all your hardware, make + model numbers etc,
then visit each of their support sites and checked for Vista compatibility
and downloaded appropriate drivers? Of course you didn't.
You didn't do any preparation, it is extremely doubtful you PC is
functional.

wisdomkiller & pain 03-16-2009 06:54 AM

Fred Seaver wrote:

> I just installed Vista home Basic from XP . Do I need a new sound card or
> a new driver?

Check the website of your mainboard manufacturer or the computer vendor for
vista chipset and sound drivers.
You may as well pop in a ubuntu or knoppix livecd and have a look which
soundcard and other peripherals it will find.
You may even choose to trash that "home basic" for good, and continue to use
Linux (for better) ;-)

Fred Seaver 03-16-2009 05:54 PM

Re: No audio devise is installed

Creative driver worked!!! Thank you all for your help
"wisdomkiller & pain" <leaf-node.20.eatallspam@spamgourmet.com> wrote in
message news:1630805.fav5BfJ9RF@woodpecker.motzarella.org. ..