Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: unbiased benchmark (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t675403-re-unbiased-benchmark.html)

Philip Semanchuk 03-12-2009 08:40 PM

Re: unbiased benchmark

On Mar 12, 2009, at 4:20 PM, Daniel Fetchinson wrote:

>> Even more amazingly, it takes approximately 30% less time to say

> 'ruby' than to say 'python'!!!

But "python" scores 55% more points than "ruby" in Scrabble, so that's
understandable. It also explains why both languages are much better
than "C".

Martin P. Hellwig 03-13-2009 03:24 AM

Re: unbiased benchmark

Philip Semanchuk wrote:

> On Mar 12, 2009, at 4:20 PM, Daniel Fetchinson wrote:
>
>>> Even more amazingly, it takes approximately 30% less time to say

>> 'ruby' than to say 'python'!!!

> But "python" scores 55% more points than "ruby" in Scrabble, so that's
> understandable. It also explains why both languages are much better than
> "C".

Yes and apparently to get ruby moving anywhere you need to put in on
train tracks! Some people think it is aesthetic pleasing, bah, humbug it
doesn't even have a true cleavage! The only one that actually made some
good use of this otherwise useless mineral was by bouncing a lot of
light in it.

--
mph

Lie Ryan 03-13-2009 05:07 AM

Re: unbiased benchmark

Martin P. Hellwig wrote:
> Philip Semanchuk wrote:

>>> 'ruby' than to say 'python'!!!

>> But "python" scores 55% more points than "ruby" in Scrabble, so that's
>> understandable. It also explains why both languages are much better
>> than "C".
>>

> Yes and apparently to get ruby moving anywhere you need to put in on
> train tracks! Some people think it is aesthetic pleasing, bah, humbug it
> doesn't even have a true cleavage! The only one that actually made some
> good use of this otherwise useless mineral was by bouncing a lot of
> light in it.

But ruby don't bite...

PS: actually I don't believe Monty bites anything other than his lunch
either...

Martin P. Hellwig 03-13-2009 10:42 AM

Re: unbiased benchmark

Lie Ryan wrote:
<cut>
> But ruby don't bite...

<cut>
Neither does a python, it is a constrictor, meaning it has a firm grip
on the modules imported :-)

--
mph