Velocity Reviews

-   -   Does Mozilla affects FTP programmes? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t675389-does-mozilla-affects-ftp-programmes.html)

Chaudhry.Nijjhar 03-12-2009 07:25 PM

Does Mozilla affects FTP programmes?

Hi,

I have tried many FTP programmes and none seem to work with Mozilla. Any
reason please? Or suggest me one to try?

Rajinder

floffy 03-12-2009 07:30 PM

Re: Does Mozilla affects FTP programmes?

On Thu, 12 Mar 2009 19:25:20 -0000, "Chaudhry.Nijjhar"
<chaudhry.nijjhar@ntlworld.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have tried many FTP programmes and none seem to work with Mozilla. Any
>reason please? Or suggest me one to try?
>
>Rajinder

ftp://gallaxial.ath.cx/

Evan Platt 03-12-2009 07:43 PM

Re: Does Mozilla affects FTP programmes?

On Thu, 12 Mar 2009 19:25:20 -0000, "Chaudhry.Nijjhar"
<chaudhry.nijjhar@ntlworld.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have tried many FTP programmes and none seem to work with Mozilla. Any
>reason please? Or suggest me one to try?

You already have a few good answers. Don't create a new thread asking
the same question.

And a FTP program has nothing to do with a web browser.

Evan Platt 03-12-2009 07:49 PM

On 12 Mar 2009 15:30:12 -0400, "floffy" <demo@demo.com> wrote:

>ftp://gallaxial.ath.cx/

I've told him now twice the one he likes that "is no longer free"
actually IS still free.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty 03-12-2009 07:51 PM

Chaudhry.Nijjhar wrote:

> I have tried many FTP programmes and none seem to work with Mozilla.
> Any reason please? Or suggest me one to try?

Your question makes no sense.

Dare I assume you meant "work with the Mozilla browser?" Your FTP
programme is *not* related to your browser.

See the answers in your original thread, "Free FTP for retired..." and
continue there.

--
-bts

Mike Easter 03-12-2009 07:53 PM

Chaudhry.Nijjhar wrote:

> I have tried many FTP programmes

You have tried to do _what_ with FTP?

Download? Upload? Load a website? What mode? Tunneling or other
security?

What kinds of alerts did you get?

--
Mike Easter

VanguardLH 03-12-2009 08:02 PM

Chaudhry.Nijjhar wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have tried many FTP programmes and none seem to work with Mozilla. Any
> reason please? Or suggest me one to try?
>
> Rajinder

FTP uses a different protocol and different ports than whatever is your
current web browser. The two are unrelated. Some web browsers provide
a crippled FTP feature but that doesn't make them true FTP clients.
Since you differentiated the two then you are using something OTHER than
your web browser as the FTP client. There is no reason why one FTP
client would work and another fail just because of whatever you happen
to choose for the web browser. Since you never explained what problems
you are having with which FTP client, no one can offer advice on solving
those problems. From your prior post on the same topic, it appears the
problem is really PEBCAK. You don't know how to use the different FTP
client and so you are using it incorrectly.

catchme 03-13-2009 12:22 AM

Chaudhry.Nijjhar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have tried many FTP programmes and none seem to work with Mozilla. Any
> reason please? Or suggest me one to try?
>
> Rajinder

mozilla (not firefox) has an ftp app available for download.
Near as I know, neither this, nor any other Mozilla app. has been known
to interfere with other (non- Mozilla) ftp apps.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty 03-13-2009 01:15 AM

catchme wrote:

> mozilla (not firefox) has an ftp app available for download.

You aren't thinking of FileZilla, are you? (already mentioned in
Chaudhry's other thread: http://filezilla-project.org/ )

If so, that app is not connected with the Mozilla organization in any
way. Apparently there is no trademark on the partial word "zilla."

> Near as I know, neither this, nor any other Mozilla app. has been
> known to interfere with other (non- Mozilla) ftp apps.

FTP apps do not interfere with browsers.

--
-bts

Llanzlan Klazmon 03-13-2009 03:28 AM

Re: Does Mozilla affects FTP programmes?

On Mar 13, 2:15*pm, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"
<a.nony.m...@example.invalid> wrote:
> catchme wrote:
> > mozilla (not firefox) has an ftp app available for download.

> You aren't thinking of FileZilla, are you? (already mentioned in
> Chaudhry's other thread: *http://filezilla-project.org/)
>
> If so, that app is not connected with the Mozilla organization in any
> way. Apparently there is no trademark on the partial word "zilla."
>
> > Near as I know, neither this, nor any other Mozilla app. has been
> > known to interfere with other (non- Mozilla) ftp apps.

> FTP apps do not interfere with browsers.
>
> --
> * *-bts
> * *-Friends don't let friends drive Windows

Maybe the problem is that his 'ftp' server is not actually an ftp
server. perhaps it is running secure copy or sftp. If so he has just
been wrongly configuring the clients he has been trying.