Velocity Reviews

-   -   Duplicate file remover. (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t675306-duplicate-file-remover.html)

cicero 03-12-2009 07:21 AM

Duplicate file remover.

Hi Folks,
Does anyone know of a reliable duplicate file remover. Ta

sandy58 03-12-2009 09:35 AM

Re: Duplicate file remover.

On Mar 12, 7:21*am, "cicero" <cicero.fr...@theforum.com> wrote:
> Hi Folks,
> * * * * * * * * Does anyone know of a reliable duplicate file remover. Ta

Duplicate File Remover
http://www.duplicatefileremover.com/
Clone Remover
http://www.moleskinsoft.com/duplicate-file-removal
No idea HOW reliable.

Keyser Söze 03-12-2009 09:38 AM

Re: Duplicate file remover.

cicero <cicero.fred4@theforum.com> wrote in message

> Hi Folks,
> Does anyone know of a reliable duplicate file remover.
> Ta

The reliability to which you refer is not of a utility program, it's not
even reliability of the individual using such a program. It is more the
decisions the individual takes in determining if duplicate files are needed
or not; Not, you understand, needed by the user, but rather the system on
which the files reside and relies upon.

So, it's not quite as simple as you would have yourself believe, unless of
course you're referring to music, pr0n video or picture files.

Google jv16, then when you've ****ed up your system, come back and be as
specific as you can about what duplicate files /you. decided to remove.

--
Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to
an understanding of ourselves. Jung

In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties,

cicero 03-12-2009 10:27 AM

Re: Duplicate file remover.

"Keyser Söze" <nonexistant.spoof@Sanguis.Bibimus.Corpus.edimus > wrote in
message news:gpal70$5t0$1@news.motzarella.org...
> cicero <cicero.fred4@theforum.com> wrote in message
>
>> Hi Folks,
>> Does anyone know of a reliable duplicate file remover.
>> Ta

> The reliability to which you refer is not of a utility program, it's not
> even reliability of the individual using such a program. It is more the
> decisions the individual takes in determining if duplicate files are
> needed
> or not; Not, you understand, needed by the user, but rather the system on
> which the files reside and relies upon.
>
> So, it's not quite as simple as you would have yourself believe, unless of
> course you're referring to music, pr0n video or picture files.
>
> Google jv16, then when you've ****ed up your system, come back and be as
> specific as you can about what duplicate files /you. decided to remove.

Of course I'm referring to the a/m files, you pedant. Go and take a night
class on how to be polite, using sandy58 as an example.

cicero 03-12-2009 11:27 AM

Re: Duplicate file remover.

Keyser Söze 03-12-2009 12:56 PM

Re: Duplicate file remover.

>>> Of course I'm referring to the a/m files, you pedant. Go and take a
>>> night class on how to be polite, using sandy58 as an example.

>> lol
>>
>> Your sensibilities are so noted, you brainless pansy-arsed ****-wipe.

> Hmm, If that's your best effort I think a stint in the Navy might
> expand your alternative, unimaginative vocabulary.

I feel your pain but for the fact you assume, incorrectly, that I give a
****.

I've done my 'time' with various elite services military you could only
dream to have been associated with; the rectum rangers wasn't one of them.

cicero 03-12-2009 01:13 PM

Re: Duplicate file remover.

>>> lol
>>>
>>> Your sensibilities are so noted, you brainless pansy-arsed ****-wipe.

>> Hmm, If that's your best effort I think a stint in the Navy might
>> expand your alternative, unimaginative vocabulary.

> I feel your pain but for the fact you assume, incorrectly, that I give a
> ****.
>
> I've done my 'time' with various elite services military you could only
> dream to have been associated with; the rectum rangers wasn't one of them.

Ahaa, that would be the Gay Gordons then.

Keyser Söze 03-12-2009 01:20 PM

Re: Duplicate file remover.

There are no second prizes, you lame ****tard.

John Dean 03-12-2009 02:35 PM

Re: Duplicate file remover.

http://www.macecraft.com/
--
John Dean
Oxford

Evan Platt 03-12-2009 04:43 PM

Re: Duplicate file remover.

On Thu, 12 Mar 2009 10:53:54 -0400, richard <member@newsguy.com>
wrote:

>What do you call "duplicate"?

Umm.. Identical in every way.

>does example.dll = example.txt ?

If the contents are the same, yes. Otherwise, no.

>does \windows\example.dll = \windows32\example.dll ?

If the contents are the same, yes. Otherwise no.

>Maybe they are the same, maybe they aren't.

No kidding?

>You won't know unless you take a look at the source code and compare
>byte to byte.

Source code???

>If you base your deletion simply on the names, you could cause serious
>damage.

Wow...

>you downloaded 30 files and each are named setup.exe. Yet none are the
>same file. An automated deletion system would kill these files and you
>need them.

I have yet to see a "Automated" duplicate file deletion application.
They all prompt you a NUMBER of times before deleting anything.

>If it was installed by the OS, do not delete the files regardless.

Wow.. Just plain... wow.