Velocity Reviews

-   -   Help with Photoshop Elements... (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t675144-help-with-photoshop-elements.html)

samadams_2006@yahoo.ca 03-11-2009 01:10 AM

Help with Photoshop Elements...

Hello,

I have a drawing of a face that is looking not directly forward off
the page, but at a 45 degree angle from directly forward and directly
to the side. I would like to be able to change this face to looking
directly to the side (ie: right of the page), but am not a very good
artist. I see that photoshop has a "perspective tool", so I was
wondering if I could use this to accomplish this task. If not, is
there another photoshop tool that would accomplish this? Any advice,
and step-by-step instructions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Sam

Ofnuts 03-11-2009 07:56 AM

Re: Help with Photoshop Elements...

samadams_2006@yahoo.ca wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a drawing of a face that is looking not directly forward off
> the page, but at a 45 degree angle from directly forward and directly
> to the side. I would like to be able to change this face to looking
> directly to the side (ie: right of the page), but am not a very good
> artist. I see that photoshop has a "perspective tool", so I was
> wondering if I could use this to accomplish this task. If not, is
> there another photoshop tool that would accomplish this? Any advice,
> and step-by-step instructions would be greatly appreciated.

You would have to remove the part of the head that can no longer be seen
(right cheek & eye , and add new ones which appear (back of the head on
the left). I sincerely doubt you can do that by mere geometric transforms.

Furthermore our brains are quite sensitive to facial features, get one
wrong and the result will look weird.

--
Bertrand

Mark Thomas 03-11-2009 09:28 AM

Re: Help with Photoshop Elements...

samadams_2006@yahoo.ca wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a drawing of a face that is looking not directly forward off
> the page, but at a 45 degree angle from directly forward and directly
> to the side. I would like to be able to change this face to looking
> directly to the side (ie: right of the page), but am not a very good
> artist. I see that photoshop has a "perspective tool", so I was
> wondering if I could use this to accomplish this task. If not, is
> there another photoshop tool that would accomplish this? Any advice,
> and step-by-step instructions would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks
> Sam

The only way you could do that would be to map the 2d features onto a 3d
map of the head, and then rotate that...

I'm guessing you don't have a 3d map of the head. And you'd need 3d
software to do it anyway.

If it is a drawing, then in simple terms, you need an *artist* to do this.

Nicko 03-11-2009 10:36 PM

On Mar 11, 4:28*am, Mark Thomas <mark.thoma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> samadams_2...@yahoo.ca wrote:
> > Hello,

> > I have a drawing of a face that is looking not directly forward off
> > the page, but at a 45 degree angle from directly forward and directly
> > to the side. *I would like to be able to change this face to looking
> > directly to the side (ie: *right of the page), but am not a very good
> > artist. *I see that photoshop has a "perspective tool", so I was
> > wondering if I could use this to accomplish this task. *If not, is
> > there another photoshop tool that would accomplish this? *Any advice,
> > and step-by-step instructions would be greatly appreciated.

> > Thanks
> > Sam

> The only way you could do that would be to map the 2d features onto a 3d
> * map of the head, and then rotate that...
>
> I'm guessing you don't have a 3d map of the head. *And you'd need 3d
> software to do it anyway.
>
> If it is a drawing, then in simple terms, you need an *artist* to do this..

An artist whom some consider to be very good had a solution:

http://teachers.westport.k12.ct.us/a...ts/Picass1.jpg

--
YOP...

Pat 03-12-2009 12:50 AM

On Mar 10, 9:10*pm, samadams_2...@yahoo.ca wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a drawing of a face that is looking not directly forward off
> the page, but at a 45 degree angle from directly forward and directly
> to the side. *I would like to be able to change this face to looking
> directly to the side (ie: *right of the page), but am not a very good
> artist. *I see that photoshop has a "perspective tool", so I was
> wondering if I could use this to accomplish this task. *If not, is
> there another photoshop tool that would accomplish this? *Any advice,
> and step-by-step instructions would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks
> Sam

I have a picture of my grandfather standing behind a cow, so I can't
see his face. Can someone help me remove the cow so I can see what he
looked like?

Roy G 03-12-2009 01:26 PM

"Pat" <groups@artisticphotography.us> wrote in message
On Mar 10, 9:10 pm, samadams_2...@yahoo.ca wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a drawing of a face that is looking not directly forward off
> the page, but at a 45 degree angle from directly forward and directly
> to the side. I would like to be able to change this face to looking
> directly to the side (ie: right of the page), but am not a very good
> artist. I see that photoshop has a "perspective tool", so I was
> wondering if I could use this to accomplish this task. If not, is
> there another photoshop tool that would accomplish this? Any advice,
> and step-by-step instructions would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks
> Sam

I have a picture of my grandfather standing behind a cow, so I can't
see his face. Can someone help me remove the cow so I can see what he
looked like?

What you need is the digital imaging software which they use on CSI.

Roy G

Pat 03-12-2009 05:38 PM

On Mar 12, 9:26*am, "Roy G" <roy.gibs...@virgin.net> wrote:
> "Pat" <gro...@artisticphotography.us> wrote in message

> On Mar 10, 9:10 pm, samadams_2...@yahoo.ca wrote:
>
> > Hello,

> > I have a drawing of a face that is looking not directly forward off
> > the page, but at a 45 degree angle from directly forward and directly
> > to the side. I would like to be able to change this face to looking
> > directly to the side (ie: right of the page), but am not a very good
> > artist. I see that photoshop has a "perspective tool", so I was
> > wondering if I could use this to accomplish this task. If not, is
> > there another photoshop tool that would accomplish this? Any advice,
> > and step-by-step instructions would be greatly appreciated.

> > Thanks
> > Sam

> I have a picture of my grandfather standing behind a cow, so I can't
> see his face. *Can someone help me remove the cow so I can see what he
> looked like?
>
> What you need is the digital imaging software which they use on CSI.
>
> Roy G

You mean the software that takes the old security tape and allows you
to zoom in on a clipboard across the football field and read whats on
it? Yeah, that would be slick.

David 03-14-2009 01:02 AM

Re: Help with Photoshop Elements...

In article
<687ed58d-8dc1-4973-a898-f55f3a420f77@h5g2000yqh.googlegroups.com>,
Pat <groups@artisticphotography.us> wrote:

snip

> I have a picture of my grandfather standing behind a cow, so I can't
> see his face. Can someone help me remove the cow so I can see what he
> looked like?

Cow? are you sure? Sound more like bull to me!

David (with a grin)