Velocity Reviews

-   -   How to sort folders in bookmarks? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t674273-how-to-sort-folders-in-bookmarks.html)

df@lsdjasldj.com 03-04-2009 01:48 PM

How to sort folders in bookmarks?

I know how to sort the contents of bookmark folders, but cannot figure
out how to arrange the folders themselves in alphabetical order -
besides sliding them with the mouse, that is. it's a slow pain doing it
that way. Is there another faster method?

Cory 03-05-2009 04:02 AM

Re: How to sort folders in bookmarks?

I use a add-on called SortPlaces v1.5.0.
You can do a search on the Mozilla site or google it.
It adds the SortPlaces icon to the Bookmarks drop down menu.
Works quickly.

CV

df@lsdjasldj.com 03-05-2009 10:03 PM

On Wed, 04 Mar 2009 22:02:34 -0600, Cory <cvokoun@swbell.net> wrote:

>I use a add-on called SortPlaces v1.5.0.
>You can do a search on the Mozilla site or google it.
>It adds the SortPlaces icon to the Bookmarks drop down menu.
>Works quickly.
>
>CV
>

>On Wed, 04 Mar 2009 07:48:21 -0600, df@lsdjasldj.com wrote:
>
>>I know how to sort the contents of bookmark folders, but cannot figure
>>out how to arrange the folders themselves in alphabetical order -
>>besides sliding them with the mouse, that is. it's a slow pain doing it
>>that way. Is there another faster method?

Thanks! I'll look it up.

(I don't know why Firefox doesn't have this ability built in.)

Cory 03-06-2009 04:11 AM

On Thu, 05 Mar 2009 16:03:10 -0600, df@lsdjasldj.com wrote:

>On Wed, 04 Mar 2009 22:02:34 -0600, Cory <cvokoun@swbell.net> wrote:
>
>>I use a add-on called SortPlaces v1.5.0.
>>You can do a search on the Mozilla site or google it.
>>It adds the SortPlaces icon to the Bookmarks drop down menu.
>>Works quickly.
>>
>>CV
>>

>>On Wed, 04 Mar 2009 07:48:21 -0600, df@lsdjasldj.com wrote:
>>
>>>I know how to sort the contents of bookmark folders, but cannot figure
>>>out how to arrange the folders themselves in alphabetical order -
>>>besides sliding them with the mouse, that is. it's a slow pain doing it
>>>that way. Is there another faster method?

>Thanks! I'll look it up.
>
>(I don't know why Firefox doesn't have this ability built in.)

It's there, just not easy to get to...
Left clickon Bookmarks
Left click on Organize Bookmarks
Then left click on Bookmarks Menu to highlight it
Then right click.
At the bottom should be Sort By Name

Gompy 03-06-2009 05:02 PM

Cory wrote in news:ec81r4te73emsnv2v66p9338ktvd98kk60@4ax.com:

> It's there, just not easy to get to...
> Left clickon Bookmarks
> Left click on Organize Bookmarks
> Then left click on Bookmarks Menu to highlight it
> Then right click.
> At the bottom should be Sort By Name

Thanks...

--
Regards, Gompy.

df@lsdjasldj.com 03-08-2009 05:35 PM

On Thu, 05 Mar 2009 22:11:40 -0600, Cory <cvokoun@swbell.net> wrote:

>On Thu, 05 Mar 2009 16:03:10 -0600, df@lsdjasldj.com wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 04 Mar 2009 22:02:34 -0600, Cory <cvokoun@swbell.net> wrote:
>>
>>>I use a add-on called SortPlaces v1.5.0.
>>>You can do a search on the Mozilla site or google it.
>>>It adds the SortPlaces icon to the Bookmarks drop down menu.
>>>Works quickly.
>>>
>>>CV

>>Thanks! I'll look it up.
>>
>>(I don't know why Firefox doesn't have this ability built in.)

>It's there, just not easy to get to...
>Left clickon Bookmarks
>Left click on Organize Bookmarks
>Then left click on Bookmarks Menu to highlight it
>Then right click.
>At the bottom should be Sort By Name

Well, I never would have found that bugger without your explanation. I
still think it dumb that one cannot do it a much simpler way with in the
original folder pane. Thanks heaps!