Velocity Reviews

-   -   Uh-Oh -- it looks like Gaza is still firing rockets. (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t673831-uh-oh-it-looks-like-gaza-is-still-firing-rockets.html)

G. Morgan 03-01-2009 09:56 PM

Uh-Oh -- it looks like Gaza is still firing rockets.

"JERUSALEM The former British prime minister Tony Blair visited war-battered
Gaza on Sunday for the first time in his role as the international envoy for
Palestinian development, a day before international donors were to meet in
Egypt on the Gaza reconstruction effort.

The visit came after militants from Hamas-ruled Gaza launched 11 rockets at
southern Israel over the weekend, causing no casualties but striking an empty
school in the coastal city of Ashkelon."

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/02/wo...02mideast.html

I just wanted to get this entered into the record. When Israel defends itself
again, there will be no reason for the whining apologists here to question
why.

Iapetus 03-01-2009 11:55 PM

Re: Uh-Oh -- it looks like Gaza is still firing rockets.

G. Morgan wrote:
> "JERUSALEM The former British prime minister Tony Blair visited war-battered
> Gaza on Sunday for the first time in his role as the international envoy for
> Palestinian development, a day before international donors were to meet in
> Egypt on the Gaza reconstruction effort.
>
> The visit came after militants from Hamas-ruled Gaza launched 11 rockets at
> southern Israel over the weekend, causing no casualties but striking an empty
> school in the coastal city of Ashkelon."

Compared too Israel dropping phosphorus and 2,000 guided bombs, killing
hundreds.

BTW, Israel is still blocking aid from getting into Gaza, so although I
don't condone what HAMAS do, I understand why.

William Poaster 03-02-2009 12:12 AM

On Sun, 01 Mar 2009 18:52:36 -0500, SgtMinor wrote:

> G. Morgan wrote:
>> "JERUSALEM — The former British prime minister Tony Blair visited
>> war-battered Gaza on Sunday for the first time in his role as the
>> international envoy for Palestinian development, a day before
>> international donors were to meet in Egypt on the Gaza reconstruction
>> effort.
>>
>> The visit came after militants from Hamas-ruled Gaza launched 11 rockets
>> at southern Israel over the weekend, causing no casualties but striking
>> an empty school in the coastal city of Ashkelon."
>>
>> http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/02/wo...02mideast.html
>>
>> I just wanted to get this entered into the record. When Israel defends
>> itself again, there will be no reason for the whining apologists here to
>> question why.
>>

> OK then, the difference between you and the Palestinians is clear: they
> choose to resist their oppressors, you would kneel down before them and
> lick their boots.

And someone like Hamas whose stated intention is to wipe you off the face
of the Earth, you would welcome with open arms, would you.

G. Morgan 03-02-2009 12:19 AM

SgtMinor wrote:

>G. Morgan wrote:
>> "JERUSALEM The former British prime minister Tony Blair visited war-battered
>> Gaza on Sunday for the first time in his role as the international envoy for
>> Palestinian development, a day before international donors were to meet in
>> Egypt on the Gaza reconstruction effort.
>>
>> The visit came after militants from Hamas-ruled Gaza launched 11 rockets at
>> southern Israel over the weekend, causing no casualties but striking an empty
>> school in the coastal city of Ashkelon."
>>
>> http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/02/wo...02mideast.html
>>
>> I just wanted to get this entered into the record. When Israel defends itself
>> again, there will be no reason for the whining apologists here to question
>> why.
>>

>OK then, the difference between you and the Palestinians is clear: they
>choose to resist their oppressors, you would kneel down before them and
>lick their boots.

That is a huge assumption you deduced from insufficient information.

I will expect to see you crying about how Israel's next campaign is "tyranny"
and "illegal", when in fact, it will be a response to repeated provocation.

zvnteq7 03-02-2009 12:19 AM

Iapetus wrote:
> G. Morgan wrote:
>> "JERUSALEM The former British prime minister Tony Blair visited
>> war-battered
>> Gaza on Sunday for the first time in his role as the international
>> envoy for
>> Palestinian development, a day before international donors were to
>> meet in
>> Egypt on the Gaza reconstruction effort.
>>
>> The visit came after militants from Hamas-ruled Gaza launched 11
>> rockets at
>> southern Israel over the weekend, causing no casualties but striking
>> an empty
>> school in the coastal city of Ashkelon."

> Compared too Israel dropping phosphorus and 2,000 guided bombs, killing
> hundreds.
>

> BTW, Israel is still blocking aid from getting into Gaza, so although I
> don't condone what HAMAS do, I understand why.

Ditto

Buffalo 03-02-2009 12:31 AM

Iapetus wrote:

> BTW, Israel is still blocking aid from getting into Gaza, so although
> I don't condone what HAMAS do, I understand why.

If you understand it so well, please post back with the explanation.
Buffalo

Iapetus 03-02-2009 01:03 AM

G. Morgan wrote:
> SgtMinor wrote:
>
>> G. Morgan wrote:
>>> "JERUSALEM The former British prime minister Tony Blair visited war-battered
>>> Gaza on Sunday for the first time in his role as the international envoy for
>>> Palestinian development, a day before international donors were to meet in
>>> Egypt on the Gaza reconstruction effort.
>>>
>>> The visit came after militants from Hamas-ruled Gaza launched 11 rockets at
>>> southern Israel over the weekend, causing no casualties but striking an empty
>>> school in the coastal city of Ashkelon."
>>>
>>> http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/02/wo...02mideast.html
>>>
>>> I just wanted to get this entered into the record. When Israel defends itself
>>> again, there will be no reason for the whining apologists here to question
>>> why.
>>>

>> OK then, the difference between you and the Palestinians is clear: they
>> choose to resist their oppressors, you would kneel down before them and
>> lick their boots.

> That is a huge assumption you deduced from insufficient information.
>
> I will expect to see you crying about how Israel's next campaign is "tyranny"
> and "illegal", when in fact, it will be a response to repeated provocation.

So when the IRA were carrying out terrorist activities it would have
been acceptable and expected to bomb the **** out of Ireland and kill
thousands in the process?

As it is our government was told to let a known terrorist organisation,
Sinn Fein and it's leader Gerry Adams, not only stand for election, but
share power even when they only got 3% of the vote.

Oh... Plus ALL terrorist released, no matter what they did, as a sign of
good faith.

All brokerd by hypocrites in the US trying to appease their
Irish-American voters.

zvnteq7 03-02-2009 01:11 AM

Buffalo wrote:
> Iapetus wrote:
>>
>> BTW, Israel is still blocking aid from getting into Gaza, so although
>> I don't condone what HAMAS do, I understand why.

> If you understand it so well, please post back with the explanation.
> Buffalo

because Israel has acted atrociously towards Palestinians for years,
ripping off their land, ripping off MORE land (settlements in the West
Bank that will probably never end), displacing refugees, blowing up
houses, etcccccccccccc ALL in the name of "We're God's chosen to we do
what we want and no other group matters so tough!", haven't you watched
Bob Simon's report on 60 Mins regarding the situation there?

Israel knew what they were getting into when they started taking over
land, so my position with all the mess they find themselves in is "Oh
well..."

Iapetus 03-02-2009 01:16 AM

Buffalo wrote:
> Iapetus wrote:
>>
>> BTW, Israel is still blocking aid from getting into Gaza, so although
>> I don't condone what HAMAS do, I understand why.

> If you understand it so well, please post back with the explanation.
> Buffalo

If another country was bombing the **** out of yours, starving your kids
and killing thousands of your countrymen through heavy sanctions, would
you'd bend over and ask the occupying forces to shaft you up the arse as
hard as they like?

I wouldn't.

Buffalo 03-02-2009 01:18 AM

zvnteq7 wrote:
> Buffalo wrote:
>> Iapetus wrote:
>>>
>>> BTW, Israel is still blocking aid from getting into Gaza, so
>>> although I don't condone what HAMAS do, I understand why.

>> If you understand it so well, please post back with the explanation.
>> Buffalo
>>

> because Israel has acted atrociously towards Palestinians for years,
> ripping off their land, ripping off MORE land (settlements in the West
> Bank that will probably never end), displacing refugees, blowing up
> houses, etcccccccccccc ALL in the name of "We're God's chosen to we
> do what we want and no other group matters so tough!", haven't you
> watched Bob Simon's report on 60 Mins regarding the situation there?
>
> Israel knew what they were getting into when they started taking over
> land, so my position with all the mess they find themselves in is "Oh
> well..."

Thank you for your explanation.
Buffalo