Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Usenet service? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t673787-re-usenet-service.html)

catchme 03-01-2009 03:33 PM

Re: Usenet service?

Coffee Lover Girl wrote:
> I'm looking for a low cost usenet service that would allow me to use my
> own reader, cross post to less than 10 groups max, I dont need binaries,
> and post anonymously with a large pool of groups available.
>
> Is there something for say, $5 a month or less?

depending upon where you are.
from my province in canada, both major ISP's offer newsgroups for free,
accessible via thunderbird or OE (both available free).

Beauregard T. Shagnasty 03-01-2009 04:25 PM

Re: Usenet service?

catchme wrote:

> accessible via thunderbird or OE (both available free).

...and many other better newsreaders. ;-)

--
-bts

Whiskers 03-02-2009 11:33 AM

Re: Usenet service?

On 2009-03-02, Lookout <mrLookout@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 1 Mar 2009 11:25:17 -0500, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"
> <a.nony.mous@example.invalid> wrote:
>
>>catchme wrote:
>>
>>> accessible via thunderbird or OE (both available free).

>>..and many other better newsreaders. ;-)

> But he was referring to FREE newsreaders

You mean to say that some have to be paid for?

--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers

Beauregard T. Shagnasty 03-02-2009 12:16 PM

Re: Usenet service?

Lookout wrote:

> "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" wrote:
>> catchme wrote:
>>> accessible via thunderbird or OE (both available free).

>> ..and many other better newsreaders. ;-)

> But he was referring to FREE newsreaders

On the chance that you forgot the smiley, I have multiple FREE
newsreaders installed, and they are all better than OE and Thunderbird.

:-)

--
-bts

catchme 03-02-2009 04:23 PM

Re: Usenet service?

Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
> catchme wrote:
>
>> accessible via thunderbird or OE (both available free).

> ..and many other better newsreaders. ;-)

aye, there may well be-
but none that are free
(that were tested by me)

Beauregard T. Shagnasty 03-02-2009 04:45 PM

Re: Usenet service?

catchme wrote:

> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
>> catchme wrote:
>>> accessible via thunderbird or OE (both available free).

>> ..and many other better newsreaders. ;-)

> aye, there may well be-
> but none that are free

40tude Dialog, Xnews, Gravity, Pan, XPN, and the list goes on. All are
better than OE and Tbird, and all are free.

> (that were tested by me)

Oh. Well ... get busy!

--
-bts

catchme 03-02-2009 05:00 PM

Re: Usenet service?

Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
> Lookout wrote:

> On the chance that you forgot the smiley, I have multiple FREE
> newsreaders installed, and they are all better than OE and Thunderbird.
>
> :-)

a list?

Beauregard T. Shagnasty 03-02-2009 06:06 PM

Re: Usenet service?

See earlier post: Message-ID: <goh2fc$3dp$1@news.motzarella.org>

--
-bts

Beauregard T. Shagnasty 03-02-2009 09:29 PM

Re: Usenet service?

Lookout wrote:

> The list wasn't inclusive.

My list ... was inclusive --> "and the list goes on." ;-)

--
-bts
-"Windows - Life Without Walls™"