Velocity Reviews

-   -   Favicon help (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t673678-favicon-help.html)

lassiemom98@yahoo.com 02-28-2009 05:31 PM

Favicon help

Hi All
I made a favicon for my site it will only show up in Fire Fox browser
not internet explorer
I wanted to know if any one can look at my site and see if there is
any thing I did wrong with the Html tags I've been told I haven't
www.michelesportfolio.net
Thanks
Michele

Jonathan N. Little 02-28-2009 06:50 PM

Re: Favicon help

lassiemom98@yahoo.com wrote:
> Hi All
> I made a favicon for my site it will only show up in Fire Fox browser
> not internet explorer
> I wanted to know if any one can look at my site and see if there is
> any thing I did wrong with the Html tags I've been told I haven't
> www.michelesportfolio.net
> Thanks
> Michele

because your favicon is located at

http://www.michelesportfolio.net/sunflwfavicon.ico

and not

http://www.michelesportfolio.net/ima...flwfavicon.ico

Also IE is MUCH MORE restrictive on favicons format, size, and color
depth and usually requires you to bookmark the page before it will show
the icon.

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

Tim Greer 02-28-2009 07:11 PM

Re: Favicon help

lassiemom98@yahoo.com wrote:

> Hi All
> I made a favicon for my site it will only show up in Fire Fox browser
> not internet explorer
> I wanted to know if any one can look at my site and see if there is
> any thing I did wrong with the Html tags I've been told I haven't
> www.michelesportfolio.net
> Thanks
> Michele

You have it set to a path that it doesn't exist in:

~]# HEAD http://www.michelesportfolio.net/ima...flwfavicon.ico |
head -1
404 Not Found

You only have it at:

~]# HEAD http://www.michelesportfolio.net/sunflwfavicon.ico | head -1
200 OK

Set it to one single location, probably globally (which is best, unless
you want different one's used in different areas).

Awful Dog Autry 03-01-2009 02:52 AM

Re: Favicon help

On 28 Feb 2009, lassiemom98@yahoo.com wrote:

> Hi All
> I made a favicon for my site it will only show up in Fire Fox
> browser
> not internet explorer
> I wanted to know if any one can look at my site and see if there is
> any thing I did wrong with the Html tags I've been told I haven't
> www.michelesportfolio.net
> Thanks
> Michele

Here's part of your head

<link rel="shortcut icon"
href="http://www.michelesportfolio.net/images/sunflwfavicon.ico"> <link
rel="icon"href="http://www.michelesportfolio.net/images/sunflwfavicon.ic
o"> <link rel="short icon"href="sunflwfavicon.ico">
<link REL="SHORTCUT ICON" HREF="/sunflwfavicon.ico">
well as my art portfolio.> <meta name="keywords" content=" Personalized
Art work on Blank imprintables Sublimation Products for Sale at my
Store area.">

I don't know if you can have 2 "shortcut icon" rel links or not (it
would seem one might supercede the other.) Better to do this

<link rel="icon" href="favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon">
<link rel="shortcut icon" href="favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon">

using the "favicon" filename instead of "sunflwfavicon" which may be an
ie thing.

--
Awful Dog Autry