Velocity Reviews

-   MCTS (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f53-mcts.html)
-   -   First time ever taking a MS cert test... (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t673067-first-time-ever-taking-a-ms-cert-test.html)

Smokey Grindel 04-06-2008 06:09 PM

First time ever taking a MS cert test...

what should I expect? How do the tests run? how do you take the tests (comp
/ paper?) thanks!

Dustin Harper 04-06-2008 06:23 PM

Re: First time ever taking a MS cert test...

They are on the computer, and there are practice tests on the internet. Look
at PrepLogic or Transcender for actual exam style layout and questions. It
isn't too bad at all. A little intimidating at first, but after your first
one, it gets a lot easier. You get a piece of scratch paper or white dry
erase board.

--

Dustin Harper
dharper@vistarip.com

Matthew Whetzel 06-25-2008 04:21 AM

Re: First time ever taking a MS cert test...

I used the , I guess, official microsoft MCTS book for the 70-620 and it
came with a CD with practice exams.. after spending a good month with the
book and working on the practice exams. I can tell you the "official" stuff
is a great source! also Mike meyers writes some excellent books if you want
a quick read the passport series is awesome and his questions prepared me
very well for the real questions from the content, to the 'tricks'