Velocity Reviews

-   MCTS (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f53-mcts.html)
-   -   MCTS Exam Query (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t672925-mcts-exam-query.html)

Megha 08-23-2007 05:50 PM

MCTS Exam Query

Hi,

I would like to go for MCTS examination. I have some experience with c#.net
2003, but right now i am at home so wants to do some study. i am reading
Professional C#2005 by wrox publications book.

Can anybody help me by guiding what is the proper method of study to go
through this exam. What books i should study. And approximately how much time
required for the study of 70-536 and 70-528 papers.

Marc 08-24-2007 07:33 AM

Re: MCTS Exam Query

"Megha" <Megha@discussions.microsoft.com>

> What books i should study.

There is this self paced training kit with almost everything in it:

ISBN-13: 978-0-7356-2334-7 ISBN-10: 0-7356-2334-1 Glenn Johnson Tony
Northrup
..NET Framework 2.0 WebBased Client Development

I've asked around,. but there really is no need for other books, if you get
what is written in the book. If you're not sure about certain subjects
explained in this book you might want to study more, but in principle it's
all there. :-)

> And approximately how much time
> required for the study of 70-536 and 70-528 papers.

Well I am starting 70-528 myself, but I would say between 200 and 400
studyhours each.

Marc

PS If you want to share more experiences my email is
removethismarcwentinknospam@hotmail.com

Matt 08-27-2007 12:20 PM

RE: MCTS Exam Query

Just passed the 70-536 exam... i recommend:
- work through the self paced training book for this exam (took me a couple
of months to complete... depends how much u already know):
http://www.microsoft.com/MSPress/books/9469.aspx
- then spend a couple of weeks revising and taking practice exams from
somewhere like MeasureUp, Transcender, etc

Do same for the 70-528 exam (which is what im working through now!).

I also used the eLearning course collections 5160 & 5161 for the 70-536 exam
but I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.