Velocity Reviews

-   MCTS (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f53-mcts.html)
-   -   MCTS Exams Query (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t672923-mcts-exams-query.html)

Rahul 08-17-2007 09:52 AM

MCTS Exams Query

Hi,

I would like to go for MCTS examination in 2 months from now in web
development foundation in .net framework 2.0. The exams which i have to pass
are 70-536 and 70-528. Can anyone advice me some good books which can help me
in passing the exams. I am currently reading Beginning visual C# 2005 by
Karli Watson. I am new to MCTS and will be aiming for C#.Net. I have prior
knowledge of VB.Net(Beginner Level) and C++(Intermidiate Level). Also please
advice me whether it is worth waiting for .net Framework 3.0 exams or 2.0
would be good enough and what is the Value of MCTS and C# in the current
market( as per recruiters).

LarryWestMCSD 08-17-2007 03:10 PM

RE: MCTS Exams Query

Remember that the exams do not test you on the languages themselves, only on
how they relate to the .Net Framework.
Since you already know C++, you might want to consider studying for and
taking the 70-536 exam with C++ as your language first, that way, you don't
have to worry about learning a new language and studying the "skills being
measured" simultaneously.
Of course, 70-528 is not available in C++ (although 70-526 for Windows is).
Frankly, if you don't know C# already, then two months is too short to study
for either 70-536 or 70-528, let alone both, unless you don't plan on having
a life outside of studying for those two months.
I would take the exams based on the .Net Framework version you are currently
working with. Only if you are not working with the 2.0 version, and studying
the 2.0 version would confuse you, would I bother to wait.
Good luck in whatever you decide to do.

Marc 08-18-2007 07:54 AM

Re: MCTS Exams Query

"LarryWestMCSD" <LarryWest-at-hotmail-dot-com> schreef

> Remember that the exams do not test you on the languages themselves, only
> on
> how they relate to the .Net Framework.

Hence if you know Java and C++, and have already worked with C# for a few
months, only a short (re)introduction to the language is enough, you do not
have to read the whole book of more then 700 pages that is referred to on
the website of exam 70-528, is that right?

I am referring to this book:
http://www.microsoft.com/mspress/books/7219.aspx

I really not planning on reading this book too, and also read the selfpaced
study book/training kit of Johnson & Northrup.

Rahul 08-23-2007 04:40 AM

RE: MCTS Exams Query

Hi Larry,

I am aiming for a future in Microsoft Technologies. I have started on with
C# and will be going deep into it to make myself more familiar with. I know
C++ and Java and learning C# has become easy for me as code syntax are more
or less same as that in java and C++. C# is really a nice language and as you
have spoecified 2-3 months would not be sufficient, i am planning to put more
months and days into C# as i am planning my career in C# and Business
Solutions based on C#.
Can you please advise me the correct way of studying for certification that
would help me in learning and implementation of C# on framework 2.0.

Thanks for wealth of information and advice you have provided.

enuj13 04-28-2010 04:12 AM

Microsoft Certification 536

Are the question in the retake of the exam same as the question in the first take?