Velocity Reviews

-   MCTS (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f53-mcts.html)
-   -   Exam Voucher Expiration (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t672729-exam-voucher-expiration.html)

reynaldo 12-30-2006 09:21 AM

Exam Voucher Expiration

I just put a bid on an exam voucher on eBay. It expires tomorrow and I was
assuming that the voucher had to be used to purchase a registration by
tomorrow (Sunday, New Years Eve.) I just read on Prometric's site that when
you buy a voucher from them, you must sit for the exam before the expiration
date.

Are these the same types of vouchers? In other words, did I just screw
myself?

Jonathan Roberts 12-30-2006 02:17 PM

Re: Exam Voucher Expiration

reynaldo wrote:
> I just put a bid on an exam voucher on eBay. It expires tomorrow and I was
> assuming that the voucher had to be used to purchase a registration by
> tomorrow (Sunday, New Years Eve.) I just read on Prometric's site that when
> you buy a voucher from them, you must sit for the exam before the expiration
> date.
>
> Are these the same types of vouchers? In other words, did I just screw
> myself?

Probably. This is likely one of the VS 2005 launch vouchers which
expire 12/31/2006. I bought 2 weeks ago and used it. Works great but I
think you're too late.

reynaldo 12-30-2006 05:10 PM

Re: Exam Voucher Expiration

"Jonathan Roberts" wrote:

> reynaldo wrote:
> > I just put a bid on an exam voucher on eBay. It expires tomorrow and I was
> > assuming that the voucher had to be used to purchase a registration by
> > tomorrow (Sunday, New Years Eve.) I just read on Prometric's site that when
> > you buy a voucher from them, you must sit for the exam before the expiration
> > date.
> >
> > Are these the same types of vouchers? In other words, did I just screw
> > myself?

> Probably. This is likely one of the VS 2005 launch vouchers which
> expire 12/31/2006. I bought 2 weeks ago and used it. Works great but I
> think you're too late.

Awesome. Oh well, thanks for the reply.

reynaldo 12-31-2006 03:27 AM

Re: Exam Voucher Expiration

"Jonathan Roberts" wrote:

> reynaldo wrote:
> > I just put a bid on an exam voucher on eBay. It expires tomorrow and I was
> > assuming that the voucher had to be used to purchase a registration by
> > tomorrow (Sunday, New Years Eve.) I just read on Prometric's site that when
> > you buy a voucher from them, you must sit for the exam before the expiration
> > date.
> >
> > Are these the same types of vouchers? In other words, did I just screw
> > myself?

> Probably. This is likely one of the VS 2005 launch vouchers which
> expire 12/31/2006. I bought 2 weeks ago and used it. Works great but I
> think you're too late.

In case anyone was wondering, the seller on eBay canceled the sale after I
talked to them. Maybe, next time I'll do a little research before I place a
bid ;)