Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: [nonpolitical] building a website (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t672441-re-nonpolitical-building-a-website.html)

Larry Gates 02-26-2009 01:28 AM

Re: [nonpolitical] building a website

On Mon, 23 Feb 2009 06:46:36 -0500, Just Judy wrote:

> On Mon, 23 Feb 2009 01:09:49 -0500, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"
> <a.nony.mous@example.invalid> wrote:
>
>>Or if you meant a group about writing HTML, then alt.html

> Those folks at alt.html are my heroes. With their help, I was
> able to put up a page many years ago. Without them, it would have
> taken 4,791 hours to do so; with them, it was reduced to a snappy 2,488
> hours of effort. ;)
>
> Ask, and they will answer.

Hello alt.html,

A few months back, I was run over while on my bike. The biker gets the
worst of it, and as the ambulance is taking me away, she tells the cop I
ran into her.

So we're going to trial, and I want to have a means to hand someone a card,
or respond to an url written on a sign or advertisement, and have that get
to me.

I rented space from go-daddy and configured an email. I got the nvu site
builder. How do I make a button or have something that will send an email
to merrill@lomas-assault.net ?

Thanks for your comment and cheers,
--
larry gates

Down that path lies madness. On the other hand, the road to hell is
paved with melting snowballs.
-- Larry Wall in <1992Jul2.222039.26476@netlabs.com>

Larry Gates 03-02-2009 04:28 AM

On Wed, 25 Feb 2009 18:28:14 -0700, Larry Gates wrote:

> On Mon, 23 Feb 2009 06:46:36 -0500, Just Judy wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 23 Feb 2009 01:09:49 -0500, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"
>> <a.nony.mous@example.invalid> wrote:
>>
>>>Or if you meant a group about writing HTML, then alt.html

>> Those folks at alt.html are my heroes. With their help, I was
>> able to put up a page many years ago. Without them, it would have
>> taken 4,791 hours to do so; with them, it was reduced to a snappy 2,488
>> hours of effort. ;)
>>
>> Ask, and they will answer.

> Hello alt.html,
>
> A few months back, I was run over while on my bike. The biker gets the
> worst of it, and as the ambulance is taking me away, she tells the cop I
> ran into her.
>
> So we're going to trial, and I want to have a means to hand someone a card,
> or respond to an url written on a sign or advertisement, and have that get
> to me.
>
> I rented space from go-daddy and configured an email. I got the nvu site
> builder. How do I make a button or have something that will send an email
> to merrill@lomas-assault.net ?
>
> Thanks for your comment and cheers,

Judy was wrong.
--
larry gates

The human psyche is a mishmash of rules of thumb, and Einstein's thumb
is only two of them.
-- Larry Wall in <20050217173835.GB26246@wall.org>