Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Recording from Win TV and burning to DVD disc. (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t671620-re-recording-from-win-tv-and-burning-to-dvd-disc.html)

Helpful guy 02-20-2009 04:25 PM

"Mick Cant" <mrcycleuk@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi again,
> Mick here, I am using the "Burn DVD Video Files" button in Nero
> I have a side show programme (xat.com) that makes a Vidio_TS file and use
> the "Burn DVD Video Files" ok and make playable disc!
>
> But VideoRe Do will only let me make a DVD (*vob) file ? but I am trying
> to use the "Burn DVD Video Files" button .
>
> I then get a message saying:
> The file VTS*vob is larger than 2 GB and theafore cannot be stored in a
> ISO file system.

One method of turning a single large vob into a compliant dvd is to use
vobedit and ifoedit.
First you use vobedit to demux the audio and video streams.
Then you use ifoedit to author a dvd.
You can then burn the dvd with the burn dvd video files option in Nero.
Google will find more detailed instructions.

doS 02-21-2009 06:41 PM

Re: Recording from Win TV and burning to DVD disc.

www.womble.com
also are you using ntfs?

news:p6GdndPNBupOkALUnZ2dneKdnZydnZ2d@brightview.c om...

Helpful guy 02-22-2009 02:13 AM

news:yeWdnTiOdqonHz3UnZ2dneKdnZydnZ2d@brightview.c om...
> Hi, thanks for the link, it looks interesting, am sorry but can I ask what
> "ntfs" is, is it a file type? I am not technical on editing.

I think that was gathered.
No, NTFS is not a file type, but you are close.
As for Wombles, well, you can either leave them to do whatever they do on
Wimbledon common or you can spend money on the software which they must have
spent the last 30 years writing.
I wouldn't touch it, I'd just learn something technical and do it all for
free.

M.L. 02-23-2009 12:26 AM

Re: Recording from Win TV and burning to DVD disc.

>> Hi, thanks for the link, it looks interesting, am sorry but can I ask what
>> "ntfs" is, is it a file type? I am not technical on editing.

>I think that was gathered.
>No, NTFS is not a file type, but you are close.
>As for Wombles, well, you can either leave them to do whatever they do on
>Wimbledon common or you can spend money on the software which they must have
>spent the last 30 years writing.
>I wouldn't touch it, I'd just learn something technical and do it all for
>free.

There is no freeware comparative to Womble. No freeware mpeg editor
does smart reencoding with effects the way Womble can.

Helpful guy 02-23-2009 01:42 AM

"M.L." <me@privacy.invalid> wrote in message

>>> Hi, thanks for the link, it looks interesting, am sorry but can I ask
>>> what
>>> "ntfs" is, is it a file type? I am not technical on editing.

>>I think that was gathered.
>>No, NTFS is not a file type, but you are close.
>>As for Wombles, well, you can either leave them to do whatever they do on
>>Wimbledon common or you can spend money on the software which they must
>>have
>>spent the last 30 years writing.
>>I wouldn't touch it, I'd just learn something technical and do it all for
>>free.

> There is no freeware comparative to Womble. No freeware mpeg editor
> does smart reencoding with effects the way Womble can.

I'll take your word for it Tobermorey.
I've been doing mpeg reencoding for a long time and I've never heard of
womble (in the mpeg reencoding context) until now.