Velocity Reviews

-   -   XP 64bit VISTA Ultimate 64bit Installations failing (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t671298-xp-64bit-vista-ultimate-64bit-installations-failing.html)

rbassman98003 02-18-2009 06:37 PM

XP 64bit VISTA Ultimate 64bit Installations failing

I have an ASUS A8V motherboard with an AMD Athlon 64bit model 4000+. I have
tried numerous times to install either XP Professional 64 and VISTA Ultimate
64 with both stopping the middle of the installation. Is there a
compatibility issue with the AMD processor? ASUS motherboard? Any help would
be appreciated.

Bobby Johnson 02-18-2009 07:00 PM

Re: XP 64bit VISTA Ultimate 64bit Installations failing

I had XP Pro x64 and Vista x64 running on A8V motherboards over a year
ago without any problems. I don't know of any compatibility issues.

I have since upgraded to Biostar TA770A2+.

Charlie Russel - MVP 02-18-2009 07:11 PM

Re: XP 64bit VISTA Ultimate 64bit Installations failing

No problems that I'm aware of. My very first 64-bit mobo was the A8V,
running the beta of XP x64. That machine, plus another with the same mobo,
run XP x64, and then Vista Ultimate 64, without issue or problems for years.
Within a few months of each other, both mobos died (different problems) and
both were just outside of the 3 year warranty. But there were never any
issues loading the OS.

First, disconnect ANY USB devices, other than keyboard/mouse. If that
doesn't solve it, run a thorough memory test. Finally, if you're running an
ATI video card, there were some models in that period that had problems and
needed updated drivers. The machine would install, and boot, but the screen
would be completely black. Booting into safe mode, and installing updated
drivers, appeared to resolve it.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64