Velocity Reviews

-   -   Is there an extension for reducing the screen size? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t671180-is-there-an-extension-for-reducing-the-screen-size.html)

letterman@invalid.com 02-18-2009 05:24 AM

Is there an extension for reducing the screen size?

I use Opera as well as Firefox. Opera has a means of fitting a wide
webpage to the screen size. Firefox dont. I prefer FF but this
missing feature bugs me. I can not make my screen larger than 800x600
because of poor eyesite. But far too many webpages are too wide and I
refuse to keep scrolling sideways to read a page. That's when I copy
and paste the URL to Opera, or paste the page text to notepad.
A hassle either way.

I'm using FF 2.0.0.19 (Win98).

Thanks

LM

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo 02-18-2009 06:22 AM

Re: Is there an extension for reducing the screen size?

letterman@invalid.com wrote:
> I use Opera as well as Firefox. Opera has a means of fitting a wide
> webpage to the screen size. Firefox dont. I prefer FF but this
> missing feature bugs me. I can not make my screen larger than 800x600
> because of poor eyesite. But far too many webpages are too wide and I
> refuse to keep scrolling sideways to read a page. That's when I copy
> and paste the URL to Opera, or paste the page text to notepad.
> A hassle either way.
>
> I'm using FF 2.0.0.19 (Win98).
>
> Thanks
>
> LM

don't know, but you can start your search here:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox

help!!!!

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

letterman@invalid.com 02-18-2009 07:55 PM

Re: Is there an extension for reducing the screen size?

On Tue, 17 Feb 2009 22:22:40 -0800, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
<peter.potamus.the.purple.hippo@gmail.com> wrote:

>letterman@invalid.com wrote:
>> I use Opera as well as Firefox. Opera has a means of fitting a wide
>> webpage to the screen size. Firefox dont. I prefer FF but this
>> missing feature bugs me. I can not make my screen larger than 800x600
>> because of poor eyesite. But far too many webpages are too wide and I
>> refuse to keep scrolling sideways to read a page. That's when I copy
>> and paste the URL to Opera, or paste the page text to notepad.
>> A hassle either way.
>>
>> I'm using FF 2.0.0.19 (Win98).
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> LM

>don't know, but you can start your search here:
>https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox

From what I'm seeing there, there is nothing. But I was not sure what
words to search for........

Rom 02-19-2009 02:05 AM

On Tue, 17 Feb 2009 23:24:06 -0600, letterman@invalid.com wrote:

> I use Opera as well as Firefox. Opera has a means of fitting a wide
> webpage to the screen size. Firefox dont. I prefer FF but this
> missing feature bugs me. I can not make my screen larger than 800x600
> because of poor eyesite. But far too many webpages are too wide and I
> refuse to keep scrolling sideways to read a page. That's when I copy
> and paste the URL to Opera, or paste the page text to notepad.
> A hassle either way.
>
> I'm using FF 2.0.0.19 (Win98).

force wrap bookmarklet:
<https://www.squarefree.com/bookmarklets/zap.html#force_wrap>