Velocity Reviews

-   -   Cant detect Event Log Entry after clearing (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t671040-cant-detect-event-log-entry-after-clearing.html)

BobbyOwens 02-17-2009 11:27 AM

Cant detect Event Log Entry after clearing

Hi,

I currently have an application that monitors the windows events logs. The problem is that if a user clears the event logs on Windows 2003/XP, the eventlog object doesn't detect the 1st new entry that windows automatically adds to say that the event log has been cleared.

Events are raised for all subsequent entries, but this "important" one to inform us that the log's been cleared is missing.

If I go through the "Entries" collection, the 1st entry seems to be the original 1st entry, not the new 1st entry.

It does, however, seem to work fine on Vista.

Is there any way I can detect the clearing of the event log and reread it before an event is raised for another entry being added?