Velocity Reviews

-   -   Two telephones on a Fritzbox 1020 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t670713-two-telephones-on-a-fritzbox-1020-a.html)

bobgarb@gmail.com 02-15-2009 07:04 PM

Two telephones on a Fritzbox 1020

Hi there, Anyone using a Fritzbox? I have two telephones installed
one in each socket, both sockets have two separate sipgate accounts
for in-coming calls and two separate out going accounts on Voipcheap
and the other justvoip, all works well when used separately, but I I'm
on a call on one off the lines and try to call the other line from
another phone I get a engaged to on the other line, even though the
device is supposed to support two seperate line, any ideas, Bob

user #48853 02-16-2009 10:56 PM

Re: Two telephones on a Fritzbox 1020

On 15 Feb, 19:04, bobg...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi there, *Anyone using a Fritzbox? *I have two telephones installed
> one in each socket, both sockets have two separate sipgate accounts
> for in-coming calls and two separate out going accounts on Voipcheap
> and the other justvoip, all works well when used separately, but I I'm
> on a call on one off the lines and try to call the other line from
> another phone I get a engaged to on the other line, even though the
> device is supposed to support two seperate line, any ideas, Bob

I have the same unit and had the same problem. Under settings, find
"Configure the speed of your DSL line". The default settings are not
high enough to support two calls. Increase the available bandwidth and
you will be able to make 2 calls at once.

bobgarb@gmail.com 02-18-2009 08:18 PM

On Feb 16, 10:56*pm, "user #48853" <mrstev...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 15 Feb, 19:04, bobg...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> > Hi there, *Anyone using a Fritzbox? *I have two telephones installed
> > one in each socket, both sockets have two separate sipgate accounts
> > for in-coming calls and two separate out going accounts on Voipcheap
> > and the other justvoip, all works well when used separately, but I I'm
> > on a call on one off the lines and try to call the other line from
> > another phone I get a engaged to on the other line, even though the
> > device is supposed to support two seperate line, any ideas, Bob

> I have the same unit and had the same problem. Under settings, find
> "Configure the speed of your DSL line". The default settings are not
> high enough to support two calls. Increase the available bandwidth and
> you will be able to make 2 calls at once.

thanks for the prompt reply, I did not bother changing theses setting
because my Internet connection is via cable and not DSL, I will do as
you suggested.

Thanks, Bob.

Ivor Jones 02-18-2009 09:28 PM

Re: Two telephones on a Fritzbox 1020

In news:ac5adc6f-ceaa-42b9-aa40-9e08dea3618b@e18g2000yqo.googlegroups.com,
bobgarb@gmail.com <bobgarb@gmail.com> typed, for some strange, unexplained
reason:
: On Feb 16, 10:56 pm, "user #48853" <mrstev...@gmail.com> wrote:
: >
:
: thanks for the prompt reply, I did not bother changing theses setting
: because my Internet connection is via cable and not DSL, I will do as
: you suggested.

In that case it won't work, the settings are for the built in ADSL modem.
If it's your cable modem/service that's the problem you'll have to see if
there are any configuration settings you can change on the modem, if not
you'll have to contact whoever you get cable service from (I'm guessing
VM..!)

Ivor

bobgarb@gmail.com 02-19-2009 09:11 AM

On Feb 18, 9:28*pm, "Ivor Jones" <i...@thisaddressis.invalid> wrote:
> Innews:ac5adc6f-ceaa-42b9-aa40-9e08dea3618b@e18g2000yqo.googlegroups.com,
> bobg...@gmail.com <bobg...@gmail.com> typed, for some strange, unexplained
> reason:
> : On Feb 16, 10:56 pm, "user #48853" <mrstev...@gmail.com> wrote:
> : > On 15 Feb, 19:04, bobg...@gmail.com wrote:
> : >
> : > > Hi there, Anyone using a Fritzbox? I have two telephones installed
> : > > one in each socket, both sockets have two separate sipgate
> : > > accounts for in-coming calls and two separate out going accounts
> : > > on Voipcheap and the other justvoip, all works well when used
> : > > separately, but I I'm on a call on one off the lines and try to
> : > > call the other line from another phone I get a engaged to on the
> : > > other line, even though the device is supposed to support two
> : > > seperate line, any ideas, Bob
> : >
> : > I have the same unit and had the same problem. Under settings, find
> : > "Configure the speed of your DSL line". The default settings are not
> : > high enough to support two calls. Increase the available bandwidth
> : > and you will be able to make 2 calls at once.
> :
> : thanks for the prompt reply, I did not bother changing theses setting
> : because my Internet connection is via cable and not DSL, I will do as
> : you suggested.
>
> In that case it won't work, the settings are for the built in ADSL modem.
> If it's your cable modem/service that's the problem you'll have to see if
> there are any configuration settings you can change on the modem, if not
> you'll have to contact whoever you get cable service from (I'm guessing
> VM..!)
>
> Ivor

Ok mate, It's strange there should be more than enough band width
after all I have a 10 megs download and 1/2 meg upload and the
Fritzbox is the first device off the cable modem.

Cheers, Bob