Velocity Reviews

-   -   Can I control the sequence events are executed? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t669829-can-i-control-the-sequence-events-are-executed.html)

AAaron123 02-10-2009 03:53 PM

Can I control the sequence events are executed?

As I understand it, if I do not include AutoPostBack the events for say,
textBox1.TextChanged and textBox2.TextChanged will not occur until something
forces a post back. Like a button clicked.

Suppose it's important to me, that when the button is clicked, if the events
are to run, that textBox1.TextChanged runs before textBox2.TextChanged .

Or textBox1.TextChanged runs before button1.Click.

Can I control such things?

Thanks

bruce barker 02-11-2009 03:35 AM

Re: Can I control the sequence events are executed?

no you can not predict or control the order. if they are interdependant,
then do the code in prerender, and set flags.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

AAaron123 02-11-2009 04:52 PM

Re: Can I control the sequence events are executed?

OK.
Thanks