Velocity Reviews

-   -   Catalyst 2950 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t669786-catalyst-2950-a.html)

mozart 02-10-2009 09:04 AM

Catalyst 2950

Can someone please help me:
I want to reset a cat2950 to factory defaults. I have the blue cable and a terminal, so what is the next step.

//mozart

chamal 02-10-2009 05:05 PM

reset 2950

u need a terminal emulator to connect to the switch. connect the console cable. and start the emulator (hyperterminal or tera term pro).
type enable and go to privilage executive mode.
erase startup-config
after erasing the startup configuration
type reload
this will get you to the default setting.

donjohnston 02-19-2009 11:52 PM

That assumes you have the enable password.

If not... Well, I can't post URL's so just google "cisco password recovery". The first link will take you to Cisco password recovery page. Select "LAN Switches" and then click on the box that for 2950's.