Velocity Reviews

-   -   asp.net (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t669747-asp-net.html)

DLU 02-10-2009 03:28 AM

asp.net

Is there any advantage to using asp.net v.2?

--
***************************************
* This is the Spammish Inquisition *

Harlan Messinger 02-10-2009 07:42 PM

Re: asp.net

DLU wrote:
> Is there any advantage to using asp.net v.2?

As opposed to ASP.NET version 3.5? ASP.NET version 1.0? ASP classic?
PHP? JSP? CGI? Twigs and clam shells?

Travis Newbury 02-11-2009 10:45 AM

Re: asp.net

On Feb 9, 10:28*pm, DLU <da...@justthe.net> wrote:
> Is there any advantage to using asp.net v.2?

God, what a stupid question! Of course there is.

Raymond Schmit 02-11-2009 12:11 PM

Re: asp.net

On Wed, 11 Feb 2009 02:45:41 -0800 (PST), Travis Newbury
<travisnewbury@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Feb 9, 10:28*pm, DLU <da...@justthe.net> wrote:
>> Is there any advantage to using asp.net v.2?

>God, what a stupid question! Of course there is.

A question is never stupid .... the answer could be stupid.

Anyway ... why not using asp.net v.3.5 ?

Andy Dingley 02-11-2009 12:37 PM

Re: asp.net

On 10 Feb, 19:42, Harlan Messinger <hmessinger.removet...@comcast.net>
wrote:

> As opposed to ASP.NET version 3.5? ASP.NET version 1.0? ASP classic?
> PHP? JSP? CGI? Twigs and clam shells?

By the time you finished posting that message, there will be Yet
Another Java Framework and it will be called "Twigs". Probably a
"lightweight version of Struts", or some equally contrived naming.

Java Frameworks may actually exhaust their available namespace before
IP4 runs out for the servers to host them.

Travis Newbury 02-11-2009 12:58 PM

Re: asp.net

On Feb 11, 7:11*am, Raymond.Sch...@pircarre.be (Raymond Schmit) wrote:
> >God, what a stupid question! *Of course there is.

> A question is never stupid .... the answer could be stupid.

Obviously the ability to recognize humor is mighty rare around these
parts...

Raymond Schmit 02-11-2009 04:53 PM

Re: asp.net

On Wed, 11 Feb 2009 04:58:54 -0800 (PST), Travis Newbury
<travisnewbury@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Feb 11, 7:11*am, Raymond.Sch...@pircarre.be (Raymond Schmit) wrote:
>> >God, what a stupid question! *Of course there is.

>> A question is never stupid .... the answer could be stupid.

>Obviously the ability to recognize humor is mighty rare around these
>parts...

Sorry for my first level of understanding :-)
May be because my mother language is french.
Did frogs have humor ? :-)

Tim Greer 02-11-2009 05:52 PM

Re: asp.net

DLU wrote:

> Is there any advantage to using asp.net v.2?

Advantage over what?

Allodoxaphobia 02-11-2009 06:10 PM

Re: asp.net

On Mon, 09 Feb 2009 19:28:12 -0800, DLU wrote:

> Is there any advantage to using asp.net v.2?

I would avoid it. My gas mileage pretty much remained the same.

Travis Newbury 02-11-2009 10:39 PM

Re: asp.net

Only if they **** in the woods...