Velocity Reviews

-   -   asp .net worker process memory limits ? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t66973-asp-net-worker-process-memory-limits.html)

Ashish 11-18-2003 02:40 PM

asp .net worker process memory limits ?

hi all
we have tested out web site for performance and we observed that the
asp.net process does disposes memory ( as opposed to my earlier
observation ), i was just curious if the asp.net process is designed to
use upto certain amount of memory, or can make use good use to memory
only upto a certain limit ....

also if anyone can point to some resource as regarding to memory
consumption behaviors of ASP.net process or best practices, it would be
awesome

thanks
-ashish

Natty Gur 11-19-2003 06:11 AM

Re: asp .net worker process memory limits ?

Hi,

There is memory limit attribute of the ProcessModel section in
machine.config that govern ASP.NET maximum memory usage befor
recycaling.

You cam use one of the .Net profilers to learn about memory managment or
read on CLR memeory managment, for example :
http://www.fawcette.com/vsm/2002_12/...atures/balena/

Natty Gur[MVP]

blog : http://weblogs.asp.net/ngur
Mobile: +972-(0)58-888377