Velocity Reviews

Velocity Reviews (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/index.php)
-   NZ Computing (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f47-nz-computing.html)
-   -   cant get emails or newsgroups - is it xtra again? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t668092-cant-get-emails-or-newsgroups-is-it-xtra-again.html)

geopelia 01-31-2009 02:09 AM

cant get emails or newsgroups - is it xtra again?
 
Has xtra got the same problem as last week? I can't connect to Outlook
Express xtra for emails or newsgroups. I click the icon but nothing
happens. That was what was happening last week, and Telecom
apologised.

Some computerized voice at xtra and a man trying to be helpful say
there is no problem with them.

Is it me? I don't want to get the computer man out if it is just xtra
again.

And I see motzarella now has red x instead of green boxes in places.
But surely they can't have gummed up xtra and the emails as well?

XP and Outlook Express. Everything is up to date.

Geopelia

Pseudo 01-31-2009 02:30 AM

Re: cant get emails or newsgroups - is it xtra again?
 
On Fri, 30 Jan 2009 18:09:23 -0800, geopelia wrote:

> And I see motzarella now has red x instead of green boxes in places. But
> surely they can't have gummed up xtra and the emails as well?



Motzarella is working for me. I'm not using Outlook Express, XP or Xtra,
but maybe someone else can fill in the gaps.


Mike Dee 01-31-2009 09:42 AM

Re: cant get emails or newsgroups - is it xtra again?
 
On Fri, 30 Jan 2009 18:09:23 -0800, geopelia wrote:

> Is it me? I don't want to get the computer man out if it is just xtra
> again.


I can't speak for xtra, Geo. I don't have anything to do with it.

> And I see motzarella now has red x instead of green boxes in places. But
> surely they can't have gummed up xtra and the emails as well?


But motzarella... go to the web page:
<http://news.motzarella.org/index.php?showpage=feedback&language=en>

Enter a valid email address and a question about your problems with them.
After that you should be able to enter into email contact and some form of
useful dialog with them.

HTH

--
dee


Geopelia 01-31-2009 08:45 PM

Re: cant get emails or newsgroups - is it xtra again?
 

"Mike Dee" <mikedee@emteedee.invalid> wrote in message
news:pan.2009.01.31.09.42.15.599514@emteedee.inval id...
> On Fri, 30 Jan 2009 18:09:23 -0800, geopelia wrote:
>
>> Is it me? I don't want to get the computer man out if it is just xtra
>> again.

>
> I can't speak for xtra, Geo. I don't have anything to do with it.
>
>> And I see motzarella now has red x instead of green boxes in places. But
>> surely they can't have gummed up xtra and the emails as well?

>
> But motzarella... go to the web page:
> <http://news.motzarella.org/index.php?showpage=feedback&language=en>
>
> Enter a valid email address and a question about your problems with them.
> After that you should be able to enter into email contact and some form of
> useful dialog with them.
>
> HTH
>
> --
> dee
>


Thank you. I think it may have been this computer, but it's working this
morning.
Growing old like me, but a great improvement since it was completely
refurbished.

Thanks for the website, I'll ask over there for motzarella problems.

Geopelia



Mike Dee 02-01-2009 09:12 AM

Re: cant get emails or newsgroups - is it xtra again?
 
On Sun, 01 Feb 2009 09:45:32 +1300, Geopelia wrote:

> "Mike Dee" <mikedee@emteedee.invalid> wrote:

[...]
>> But motzarella... go to the web page:
>> <http://news.motzarella.org/index.php?showpage=feedback&language=en>
>>


> Thank you. I think it may have been this computer, but it's working this
> morning.
> Growing old like me, but a great improvement since it was completely
> refurbished.
>
> Thanks for the website, I'll ask over there for motzarella problems.


Well I hope you get it all working 100%, Geo.

Cheers.

--
dee



All times are GMT. The time now is 01:42 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.