Velocity Reviews

-   -   superposition of a square wave over a sine wave (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t668045-superposition-of-a-square-wave-over-a-sine-wave.html)

Shiva 01-30-2009 08:43 PM

superposition of a square wave over a sine wave

Hi all,

I am new to VHDL programming. My task is to generate a high frequency
square wave(500 Hz) super positioned over a low frequency sine wave(5
Hz). how can this be achieved in VHDL. I know how to generate both
these waves separately, but i dunno how to generate them together and
superposition them. i would be thankful if someone could help me in
this task. even your valuable ideas will be quite useful for me.

thanks

jeppe 01-30-2009 11:13 PM

Hi

This site could give you an idea how to make a sinus wave - the sqare shoud be easy, but perhaps will you need some kind of multiplier as well.

http://www.jjmk.dk/MMMI/Lessons/11_C..._version_2.htm

Chris Maryan 02-02-2009 02:49 PM

Re: superposition of a square wave over a sine wave

On Jan 30, 3:43*pm, Shiva <chibi....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am new to VHDL programming. My task is to generate a high frequency
> square wave(500 Hz) super positioned over a low frequency sine wave(5
> Hz). how can this be achieved in VHDL. I know how to generate both
> these waves separately, but i dunno how to generate them together and
> superposition them. i would be thankful if someone could help me in
> this task. even your valuable ideas will be quite useful for me.
>
> thanks

wave_out <= square + sin;