Velocity Reviews

-   -   Home network and Vista Wireless laptop issue (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t667746-home-network-and-vista-wireless-laptop-issue.html)

Michael B 01-29-2009 02:31 AM

Home network and Vista Wireless laptop issue

I have Vista Ultimate running on my home network desktop pc. I also have a
laptop using wireless to connect and get internet access, etc. All that
works fine. The problem I am having is trying to add the wireless to the
windows network so that I can share files on my pc with my wife on her
laptop.

Robert L. \(MS-MVP\) 01-29-2009 02:18 PM

Re: Home network and Vista Wireless laptop issue

We need more information to help. Are they in the same subnet? Can they ping
each other by IP? Posting the result of ipconfig /all may help.

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net