Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: horizontal menu (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t667058-re-horizontal-menu.html)

Duende 01-24-2009 11:45 PM

Re: horizontal menu

On 22 Jan 2009 The Starmaker wrote in alt.html

Gray text. ****ing brilliant

--
D?

Neredbojias 01-25-2009 05:58 AM

Re: horizontal menu

On 24 Jan 2009, Duende <mutbutt@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 22 Jan 2009 The Starmaker wrote in alt.html
>
>> How do you align the menu so that it looks evenly across, like this:
>>
>> Home Link Link Link
>>
>> Link
>>
>> instead of how it is now all align to the left?
>> Home Link Link Link Link
>>
>> http://jamesowers.co.uk/pages/css_ho...menu/menu.html
>>

>> http://jamesowers.co.uk/css-tutorial...css-list-menu/

> Gray text. ****ing brilliant

I use silver with gray specialities. Wanna make something of it?

--
Neredbojias
http://www.neredbojias.org/

Tommy 01-26-2009 04:52 AM

Re: horizontal menu

On 24 Jan 2009 Neredbojias wrote in alt.html

>> Gray text. ****ing brilliant

> I use silver with gray specialities. Wanna make something of it?

You wana get your ass whipped again?

--
Tommy

Neredbojias 01-26-2009 10:18 PM

Re: horizontal menu

On 25 Jan 2009, Tommy <defaultusenet@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 24 Jan 2009 Neredbojias wrote in alt.html
>

>>> Gray text. ****ing brilliant

>> I use silver with gray specialities. Wanna make something of it?

> You wana get your ass whipped again?

Again? What do you mean "again"? My ass has _never_ been whupped,
here or anywhere else (-although it has been patted a time or two by
some ubiquitous maid who just couldn't resist.)

Anyway, here's a link to a page with mostly gray text:

http://www.neredbojias.org/test.php

I know you're an old geezer, but surely you can read it with decent
facility - esp. since resizing is functional and a breeze.

Chris F.A. Johnson 01-26-2009 10:38 PM

Re: horizontal menu

On 2009-01-26, Neredbojias wrote:
> On 25 Jan 2009, Tommy <defaultusenet@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 24 Jan 2009 Neredbojias wrote in alt.html

>>> I use silver with gray specialities. Wanna make something of it?

>> You wana get your ass whipped again?

> Again? What do you mean "again"? My ass has _never_ been whupped,
> here or anywhere else (-although it has been patted a time or two by
> some ubiquitous maid who just couldn't resist.)
>
> Anyway, here's a link to a page with mostly gray text:
>
> http://www.neredbojias.org/test.php
>
> I know you're an old geezer, but surely you can read it with decent
> facility - esp. since resizing is functional and a breeze.

I find that grey text barely readable, and that only because
there's very little of it. Any more, and it would be bery difficult
to read.

Author:

Bergamot 01-26-2009 11:11 PM

Re: horizontal menu

Neredbojias wrote:

> Anyway, here's a link to a page with mostly gray text:
>
> http://www.neredbojias.org/test.php
>
> I know you're an old geezer, but surely you can read it with decent
> facility

The only thing easily readable is the heading at the top. The rest has
insufficient contrast for good readability.

> - esp. since resizing is functional and a breeze.

The type size is not the issue - it is large enough, but too dark.

--
Berg

Duende 01-27-2009 03:59 AM

Re: horizontal menu

On 26 Jan 2009 Neredbojias wrote in alt.html

> http://www.neredbojias.org/test.php
>
> I know you're an old geezer, but surely you can read it with decent
> facility - esp. since resizing is functional and a breeze.

Not even any bare boobies so tour test failed!

--
D?

Neredbojias 01-27-2009 10:56 PM

Re: horizontal menu

On 26 Jan 2009, "Chris F.A. Johnson" <cfajohnson@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2009-01-26, Neredbojias wrote:
>> Anyway, here's a link to a page with mostly gray text:
>>
>> http://www.neredbojias.org/test.php
>>
>> I know you're an old geezer, but surely you can read it with decent
>> facility - esp. since resizing is functional and a breeze.

> I find that grey text barely readable, and that only because
> there's very little of it. Any more, and it would be bery
> difficult to read.

Well, I doubt that I would ever use gray for a primarily- or
extensively- text situation, but I think for things like non-critical
image captions and parenthetical comments. it is okay. The darkness of
the background is also significant, and I could have increased the
contrast by using true black but felt my choice for compromise
acceptible.

Neredbojias 01-27-2009 10:57 PM

Re: horizontal menu

On 26 Jan 2009, Bergamot <bergamot@visi.com> wrote:

> Neredbojias wrote:
>>
>> Anyway, here's a link to a page with mostly gray text:
>>
>> http://www.neredbojias.org/test.php
>>
>> I know you're an old geezer, but surely you can read it with decent
>> facility

> The only thing easily readable is the heading at the top. The rest
> has insufficient contrast for good readability.
>
>> - esp. since resizing is functional and a breeze.

> The type size is not the issue - it is large enough, but too dark.

Agreed - it isn't _good_ readability, but I think it's acceptible for
the purpose.