Velocity Reviews

-   -   fix folder picture in a shared folder across network (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t666880-fix-folder-picture-in-a-shared-folder-across-network.html)

Talista 01-23-2009 07:10 PM

fix folder picture in a shared folder across network

Hi guys,
I have a shared folder which contains many folders for many users on
my network and to make users folders recognisable we chose to fix a
folder picture of every folder with the picture of the folder owner.
The problem is that those folders never have a constant folder picture
on all of my network computers as the picture always changes for some
reason, I've tried to set permissions on thumb.db file and also tried
fiddling with desktop.ini file but no use. Any ideas would be much
appreciated. Thanks.

VanguardLH 01-23-2009 07:53 PM

Re: fix folder picture in a shared folder across network

Talista wrote:

> Hi guys,
> I have a shared folder which contains many folders for many users on
> my network and to make users folders recognisable we chose to fix a
> folder picture of every folder with the picture of the folder owner.
> The problem is that those folders never have a constant folder picture
> on all of my network computers as the picture always changes for some
> reason, I've tried to set permissions on thumb.db file and also tried
> fiddling with desktop.ini file but no use. Any ideas would be much
> appreciated. Thanks.

thumbs.db is a cached copy of the thumbnails of the files in a folder.
It doesn't contain the icon for the folder itself. That is stored in
the desktop.ini file. Tried setting permissions on that file so users
cannot change its content (or delete it)?

http://www.xs4all.nl/~hwiegman/desktopini.html