Velocity Reviews

-   -   Mozzila vs Microfoft, displaying problems (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t666461-mozzila-vs-microfoft-displaying-problems.html)

ArbolOne 01-21-2009 03:09 AM

Mozzila vs Microfoft, displaying problems

In my web page I have a I have added a table composed of one row and
one column (1:1 table). This table only displays text; when the page
is viewed on any Mozilla browser, the text is displayed as expected,
but IExplorer displays it incorrectly. Explorer displays the text one
word in each line, i.e.

===
This is the text
===
Mozilla display:
This is the text

IExplorer disply:
This
is
the
text

This is the code:
style="text-align: left; width: 564px; height: 134px;"
border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
<tbody>
is a lot of workd &nbsp;in this box<br>
</tbody>

How can I correct this problem, thanks in advance

rf 01-21-2009 03:32 AM

Re: Mozzila vs Microfoft, displaying problems

"ArbolOne" <ArbolOne@gmail.com> wrote in message
> In my web page I have a I have added a table composed of one row and
> one column (1:1 table). This table only displays text; when the page
> is viewed on any Mozilla browser, the text is displayed as expected,
> but IExplorer displays it incorrectly. Explorer displays the text one
> word in each line, i.e.

> This is the code:
> style="text-align: left; width: 564px; height: 134px;"
> border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
> <tbody>

width: 1px; What about the other 563 pixels?

Since you specify one value for the table and one for the cell the browser
is at liberty to make a guess as to which one you really mean. The browsers
you indicate guess differently.

Why do you have a single celled table containing text? Is this tabular data?

ArbolOne 01-21-2009 04:23 AM

On Jan 20, 10:32*pm, "rf" <r...@z.invalid> wrote:
> "ArbolOne" <Arbol...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > In my web page I have a I have added a table composed of one row and
> > one column (1:1 table). This table only displays text; when the page
> > is viewed on any Mozilla browser, the text is displayed as expected,
> > but IExplorer displays it incorrectly. Explorer displays the text one
> > word in each line, i.e.
> > This is the code:
> > * * * * * *<table
> > style="text-align: left; width: 564px; height: 134px;"
> > border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
> > * * * * * * *<tbody>
> > * * * * * * * *<tr>
> > * * * * * * * * *<td style="height: 1px; width: 1px;">There

> width: 1px; What about the other 563 pixels?
>
> Since you specify one value for the table and one for the cell the browser
> is at liberty to make a guess as to which one you really mean. The browsers
> you indicate guess differently.
>
> Why do you have a single celled table containing text? Is this tabular data?

Thanks, I will have a look at the your suggestion, but in the meantime
let me say that the 1:1 table display is just hand inputed text.
I am learning HTML and web authorizing, I am writing my own home page.

Thanks for your prompt response

Chaddy2222 01-21-2009 01:49 PM

Take a look at: http://htmldog.com