Velocity Reviews

-   -   Custom Error Pages (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t66603-custom-error-pages.html)

Kenneth Keeley 11-13-2003 02:36 AM

Custom Error Pages

Hi
I have created a Web.config file with theses settings:
<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly"
defaultRedirect="/errorpages/generic.aspx">
<error statusCode="403" redirect="/errorpages/noaccess.aspx" />
<error statusCode="404" redirect="/errorpages/filenotfound.aspx" />
</customErrors>

If a user tries to go to a folder that does not exist then I get my default
HTML error page for directory not found.
If a user tries to go to an aspx page in a folder that does not exist that
get a horrible error page telling them that of A Runtime Error and that they
should changes the Web.config error mode to off to see the Error. How can I
make it that they go to one of my nice looking Error pages.

Thanks

Priya 11-13-2003 05:30 AM

Custom Error Pages

Hi Kenneth,
Have u navigated to /errorpages/filenotfound.aspx to
ensure that this page loads up okay by itself? You might
be getting an error because of some code on this page. To
check if this is a case, create a test "filenotfound.html"
and set web.config so that 404 status takes u
to /errorpages/filenotfound.html instead of the aspx page.
If this works okay, u know there is something wrong with
ur particular aspx page.

Kenneth Keeley 11-13-2003 07:19 AM

Re: Custom Error Pages

"Priya" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Kenneth,
> Have u navigated to /errorpages/filenotfound.aspx to
> ensure that this page loads up okay by itself? You might
> be getting an error because of some code on this page. To
> check if this is a case, create a test "filenotfound.html"
> and set web.config so that 404 status takes u
> to /errorpages/filenotfound.html instead of the aspx page.
> If this works okay, u know there is something wrong with
> ur particular aspx page.

The page seems to work fine but the fault occurs if you try to get to a
folder called publications
Why would this be the case.