Velocity Reviews

-   -   Req: Help for Diagnostic Tools & Software TIA (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t665156-req-help-for-diagnostic-tools-and-software-tia.html)

Snoopy :-)) 10-05-2007 06:20 PM

Req: Help for Diagnostic Tools & Software TIA

Hi

I am trying to start an "On Site Technician Service"

I would appreciate some recommendations regarding Diagnostic Material
(Hardware & Software, Etc...) needed.

I already have some of them, but would really appreciate a helping
hand.

TIA

Best regards
Charles

middle_class_warrior 10-06-2007 02:47 AM

Re: Req: Help for Diagnostic Tools & Software TIA

Snoopy :-)) wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am trying to start an "On Site Technician Service"
>
> I would appreciate some recommendations regarding Diagnostic Material
> (Hardware & Software, Etc...) needed.
>
> I already have some of them, but would really appreciate a helping
> hand.
>
> TIA
>
> Best regards
> Charles

A BIOS card that fits in a PCI slot may help with dead PC. A power
supply tester will also help. Buy a multi-purpose cable tester, too.

Snoopy :-)) 10-09-2007 10:39 PM

Re: Help for Diagnostic Tools & Software TIA

Thanks for your input

Just recently I got the BartPe. and created the Basic Boot CD.
Now I am trying to Learn how to Create a Custumized Bart CD.
It's abit Overwhelming.

Thanks for the "Bootdisk Link"

All the Best
Snoopy :-))

smackedass 10-10-2007 12:52 AM

Re: Help for Diagnostic Tools & Software TIA

Migod, I haven't beat Mr. Watzman to his thunder?

A reliable memory tester will always come in handy. There's one that comes
part of the bundle that is posted at bootdisk.com, as is mentioned above;
this one, I believe is called Memtest.

smackedass