Velocity Reviews

-   -   Is this A+ book still good ? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t664998-is-this-a-book-still-good.html)

Amy 01-10-2007 04:50 PM

Is this A+ book still good ?

A+ Certification Study Guide, Fifth Edition
Copyright 2003 by The McGraw-Hill/Osborne, Michael Pastore.

Should I use this book for A+ exam ?

plazticsoul 03-04-2007 05:22 AM

Re: Is this A+ book still good ?

"Amy" <oct3qbdsl@verizon.net> wrote in message
> A+ Certification Study Guide, Fifth Edition
> Copyright 2003 by The McGraw-Hill/Osborne, Michael Pastore.
>
> Should I use this book for A+ exam ?

My guess would be no. Could be wrong but I think they've updated the exam
since then. Might want to check...

JohnO 03-06-2007 01:34 PM

Re: Is this A+ book still good ?

On Jan 10, 11:50 am, "Amy" <oct3qb...@verizon.net> wrote:
> A+ Certification Study Guide, Fifth Edition
> Copyright 2003 by The McGraw-Hill/Osborne, Michael Pastore.
>
> Should I use this book for A+ exam ?

That book refers to the exam based on 2003 objectives. That exam will
remain available until the end of June. Among many subjects, it covers
Win NT4, Win 98, and a bunch of legacy technology.

But, there's a newer exam, one with completely rearranged objectives,
fewer legacy topics, and a few new ones. It will be available for at
least a couple more years. That book will not prepare you well for the
newer exam.

-John O