Corrupted SYSTEM Hive = NO REAL SOLUTION
I've read hundreds of posts regarding these mysterious black screens
that pop up from time to time on only SOME major OEM computers. I'm in
the PC repair business. After about the tenth case of these errors I've
seen/repaired over the past 4 years, I've come to the following
1) The errors regarding the "hive" could mean any of the following, but
do not necessarily mean any of the following:
- The system has simply "glitched". A reformat/reinstallation of
Windows will fix the problem indefinitely.
- The system has a "bad" or "failing" hard drive. Note, you probably
won't be able to test the HDD as bad. The problem will just
miraculously go away when you replace the cheap azz zero warranty dell
issued drive with a real one.
- The system is "bad" (mainboard?). No matter what you do, the !@@#$$
error will just pop up again.
2) Refer to #1. As none of the causes are necessarily true AND the
issue ONLY seems occur with any prevalence on cheap major OEM machine
OR really poorly built PC's ... I have no choice but to call this a big
covered up manufacturer defect. The question is, who is the real
culprit? Dell/Compaq/Emachine/<insert sh*tty OEM here> or MS or both?!
Any educated opinion or "inside" info would be greatly appreciated.
These errors SURE have caused me some major headaches for which
Excedrin won't solve.
Re: Corrupted SYSTEM Hive = NO REAL SOLUTION
The hive usually refers to the orgnization of the Registry.
|All times are GMT. The time now is 10:59 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2013, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.