Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: full duplex (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t664614-re-full-duplex.html)

WW 02-14-2006 01:33 PM

Re: full duplex

My answer would be :
serial is full duplex, parallel is only half-duplex.

This is because if you are connected to the internet via a dial-up modem
connected to a serial port, you can simultaneously download a file, and surf
web pages. This means data is being transfered in both directions at once.

With a typical parallel port application, such as a printer, or older type
external CD-ROM drive, data needs to be transfered in both directions but
not simultaneously.

Linda 02-14-2006 05:51 PM

Re: full duplex

On 14/02/06, Mark wrote:

> thanks ..... needed that clearing up as i have a+ core on friday morning

Once you've grasped the principle, the way I found to remember it is...
Serial - Simultaneous (SS)

Good Luck for Friday :-)