Velocity Reviews

-   -   Passed A+ OS Exam (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t664584-passed-a-os-exam.html)

WW 01-20-2006 06:01 PM

Passed A+ OS Exam

I passed the A+ OS exam today with a score of 829.

I used the ExamCram2 books, and the All-in-One A+ book by Meyers/Jernigan.

I also ran through the Core Exams (http://www.coreexams.com/) practice test
questions before the exam, and found these were very helpful, as they
closely resemble the type of questions I saw on the actual exam. A few of
the questions on the exam I had actually seen before.

For interest, here are are a few question areas I came across today :-

Which Windows 2000 version can support a 4-node cluster ?
ans = Datacentre Server

How to create emergency disk in NT4, "rdisk /s" or "rdisk /s /d" ?

How to remove an OS from a multi-boot configuration ?
ans = bootcfg

How to remedy a problem with an unattended installation of 2K using a .SIF
script file.

Must a Network card be present for an installation of Windows 2000 Server to
succeed ?

To get support for multiple monitors, Internet Connection Sharing, and file
permissions, which of Win2000, XP, 98, should be installed ?

Minimum processor for XP.
ans = Pentium 233

What is "ping" parameter to resolve ip address to host names ?
ans = -a

These were some of the harder questions on the exam.

Regards,

Ross.

WW 01-26-2006 03:05 PM

Re: Passed A+ OS Exam

Thanks

WW 01-29-2006 02:06 PM

Re: Passed A+ OS Exam

Most of the questions were easier than these though.

news:sRQCf.19628$Jd.7456@newssvr25.news.prodigy.ne t...

WW 01-31-2006 11:28 AM

Re: Passed A+ OS Exam

I am in Scotland, and don't currently work in IT. However I know that many
jobs are not advertised. I think the opportunities are there for those who
want to work for them. Software Development/Web Design is more difficult to
get a job in than Hardware/Networking support.

Good luck!

sqeamy 04-03-2006 09:50 PM

Re: Passed A+ OS Exam

> WWwrote:

> Must a Network card be present for an installation of Windows 2000

Server to succeed ?
> Ross.

I've researched and I'm afraid the answer to this one (and one other
question) is eluding me. I would answer 'no' at a guess but what IS
the answer?