Velocity Reviews

-   -   system files types (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t664424-system-files-types.html)

Cody Ratliff 09-19-2005 06:44 PM

system files types

hello all, I'am studying for my A+ os exam, and I'm really not
understanding system files. I guess my question is, does anyone know of
a system file chart that lists file types and explains them?

here are the files I'm wondering about:
..ini
..sys
..com, and a bunch more.

thanks, cody.

smackedass 09-19-2005 10:25 PM

Re: system files types

> here are the files I'm wondering about:
> .ini
> .sys
> .com, and a bunch more.

For starters, here's this:

http://whatis.techtarget.com/fileFor...3,sid9,00.html

smackedass

Crat 09-20-2005 05:24 PM

Re: system files types

thanks, but I was kinda looking for something more detailed.. maybe
less results. kinda like a study guide.

thanks, Cody.

JohnO 09-20-2005 06:15 PM

Re: system files types

> thanks, but I was kinda looking for something more detailed.. maybe
> less results. kinda like a study guide.

Nope, you gotta learn just like the rest of us schmucks did. <g>

Try googling this: "what is .ini"

-John O

smackedass 09-20-2005 11:43 PM

Re: system files types

> Try googling this: "what is .ini"
>
> -John O

And, on the basis of the question that you asked, and by your response to
the link that I passed off to you, I suspect that you're on pace to be a
"paper" cert holder.

My unsolicited advice: learn about this kind of stuff before you go to take
tests.

sincerely,

smackedass

Crat 09-21-2005 04:44 AM

Re: system files types

not true, I want to be a knowledgeable tech. the problem that I had
with the link that you sent me, was that it has unix file types. don't
get me wrong, I enjoy the freedom of linux as much as the next person.
but i need to pass the test ponto to get the job i want. and the grades
I want. I need this job to work my way through college :)

sorry if i offended you on my last post, for that wasn't my intention.

once again, thanks.

Crat 09-21-2005 07:51 PM

Re: system files types

I'm sorry, i wasnt very clear on that last one. what i mean't was, the
link that you sent me had to many results, results that arnt pc
specific. I think thats what i'm trying to say.

Tom MacIntyre 09-21-2005 08:08 PM

Re: system files types

On 21 Sep 2005 12:51:47 -0700, "Crat" <codyratliff@gmail.com> wrote:

>I'm sorry, i wasnt very clear on that last one. what i mean't was, the
>link that you sent me had to many results, results that arnt pc
>specific. I think thats what i'm trying to say.

Google "ini files"...

Tom