Velocity Reviews

-   -   Laptop Power Problems (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t664385-laptop-power-problems.html)

Mozes 08-23-2005 06:27 AM

Laptop Power Problems

I have a Dell 600M laptop, the battery is totally dead, however it has been
working fine using the AC Power cord. Now, all of a sudden it shuts down
randomly by itself.

I think it maybe because of the battery, please advise.

Thx

Mozes 08-23-2005 07:05 AM

Re: Laptop Power Problems

It's not the battery, I'm wondering if the motherboard could be over
heating.

Again, please advise.

Thx

Mozes <Mozes@hotmail.com> wrote in
news:Xns96BAEEA3F3040Mozeshotmailcom@69.28.186.121 :

Glenn 08-25-2005 01:18 AM

Re: Laptop Power Problems

NUTS. I have worked for IBM for 42 years and have NEVER encountered this.

Tom MacIntyre 08-25-2005 07:31 PM

Re: Laptop Power Problems

On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 01:18:08 GMT, Glenn <gdickso@swbell.net> wrote:

>NUTS. I have worked for IBM for 42 years and have NEVER encountered this.

I guess you've never done component-level electronics repair.
Electrolytic capacitor failure is probably the most common fault in
any device that uses them.

Tom