Velocity Reviews

-   -   File Recovery Software Suggestions (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t664373-file-recovery-software-suggestions.html)

mhaase-at-springmind.com 08-14-2005 09:55 PM

File Recovery Software Suggestions

Hi all!

What's the atest "Hot ticket" in file recovery software. In this
specific case, it's for files accidentally deleted from a Win2k system
running NTFS.

Last time I needed this type of thing, I used PowerQuest's "Lost &
Found", but that's years ago...I'm betting there's something better
now??

Thanks!

Steven L Umbach 08-14-2005 10:38 PM

Re: File Recovery Software Suggestions

There are quite a few available. File Scavenger is one that seems to work
fairly well. I have tried some free ones that work well also. One thing I
found out is that the file name may not be what you expect it to be if the
file was sent to the recycle bin and then deleted. Whatever you use be sure
to try it out on a test system first be deleting some test files for
recovery. The links below are to some file recovery programs. -- Steve

http://www.snapfiles.com/shareware/s...arecovery.html
http://www.snapfiles.com/freeware/sy...arecovery.html

Andrew Tang 08-15-2005 06:50 AM

Re: File Recovery Software Suggestions