Velocity Reviews

-   -   Myers A+ book(s) (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t664371-myers-a-book-s.html)

spam_only_please@comcast.net 08-12-2005 10:06 PM

Myers A+ book(s)

I just ordered a copy of the 3rd edition and then saw a 4th. Will my
info be out of date.

sgtsilver@gmail.com 08-12-2005 10:15 PM

Re: Myers A+ book(s)

Coincidentally I was reading a Meyers' A+ Certification Exam Guide and
it pointed me to this group. I have the fifth(and newest I
think)edition of his book. The information on older OSes and older
hardware will be fine for the exams but the 3rd edition will probably
be lacking support for newer types of hardware and the XP OS. It is
probably still usable, but for newer information I would either get the
newer book or find some other source.

Michael 08-14-2005 03:18 AM

Re: Myers A+ book(s)

Why would you order the 3rd edition when the 5th edition has been available
for 2 years?

news:1123884368.003107.33480@g43g2000cwa.googlegro ups.com...

spam_only_please@comcast.net 08-14-2005 10:07 PM

Re: Myers A+ book(s)

An Ebay oversight...

I got quite a deal though, eh?

Nothing like saving (I mean wasting) a few bucks.