Velocity Reviews

Velocity Reviews (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/index.php)
-   A+ Certification (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f51-a-certification.html)
-   -   DLLs - where do I get them from (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t664357-dlls-where-do-i-get-them-from.html)

Paul in Australia 08-06-2005 08:14 PM

DLLs - where do I get them from
 
Where is the best place to get DLLs from? I need KAILLERACLIENT.DLL on this
occasion.

Thanking you in advance.

Paul



Paul in Australia 08-09-2005 07:42 PM

Re: DLLs - where do I get them from
 

"Evolvocrat" <eelder1@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message
news:3fSJe.39521$iG6.9982@tornado.tampabay.rr.com. ..
> Paul in Australia wrote:
> > Where is the best place to get DLLs from? I need KAILLERACLIENT.DLL on

this
> > occasion.
> >
> > Thanking you in advance.
> >
> > Paul
> >
> >

> Try Google.com. I had no trouble finding it.


Let me re-phrase...

Where is the best place to get DLLs from without paying 9.95?

There must be some place one goes to get DLL files. I'm not paying for it
though.

KAILLERACLIENT.DLL spelling correct.


Paul




Pat 08-09-2005 10:49 PM

Re: DLLs - where do I get them from
 
Paul in Australia wrote:
> "Evolvocrat" <eelder1@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message
> news:3fSJe.39521$iG6.9982@tornado.tampabay.rr.com. ..
>
>>Paul in Australia wrote:
>>
>>>Where is the best place to get DLLs from? I need KAILLERACLIENT.DLL on

>
> this
>
>>>occasion.
>>>
>>>Thanking you in advance.
>>>
>>>Paul
>>>
>>>

>>
>>Try Google.com. I had no trouble finding it.

>
>
> Let me re-phrase...
>
> Where is the best place to get DLLs from without paying 9.95?
>
> There must be some place one goes to get DLL files. I'm not paying for it
> though.
>
> KAILLERACLIENT.DLL spelling correct.


http://www.webzila.com has it. I found it using....surprise...google.

Tmack 08-10-2005 07:23 PM

Re: DLLs - where do I get them from
 
Come on guys. I don't subscribe to this group to read about
people's computer problems. There are other groups for that.

This is a user group for people interested in getting CompTIA A+
certified.

Be fair to the rest of us and subscribe to a help user group.

Thanks


Pat 08-10-2005 07:51 PM

Re: DLLs - where do I get them from
 
Tmack wrote:
> Come on guys. I don't subscribe to this group to read about
> people's computer problems. There are other groups for that.
>
> This is a user group for people interested in getting CompTIA A+
> certified.
>
> Be fair to the rest of us and subscribe to a help user group.
>


As long as I've subscribed to this group, there have been people
discussing computer issues. Your post history on this group only goes
back to July of this year. Be fair to the people who have been here
longer than you, and live with it. If it really bothers you that much,
then don't read these messages. This group would be pretty pointless if
only the A+ was ever discussed.

Linker3000 08-13-2005 03:10 PM

Re: DLLs - where do I get them from
 
Pat wrote:
> This group would be pretty pointless if only the A+ was ever discussed.


Er, that's what it's for (A+) - but over the last year or so it has
become a general chat shop for anyone with a computer problem who's
either too lazy to use Google or find a more appropriate group in which
to post.

Tom MacIntyre 08-13-2005 04:09 PM

Re: DLLs - where do I get them from
 
On Sat, 13 Aug 2005 12:06:15 -0400, Thumper <jaylsmith@comcast.net>
wrote:

>On Sat, 13 Aug 2005 16:10:49 +0100, Linker3000
><Linker3000@youkaytwodotnetuk2.net> wrote:
>
>>Pat wrote:
>>> This group would be pretty pointless if only the A+ was ever discussed.

>>
>>Er, that's what it's for (A+) - but over the last year or so it has
>>become a general chat shop for anyone with a computer problem who's
>>either too lazy to use Google or find a more appropriate group in which
>>to post.

>
>
>That's bullshit. This group has ALWAYS been about answering
>questions.
>Thumper


I've been here for about 6-7 years, and you are correct. Could you
imagine having a newsgroup concerned with getting through medical
school, and having questions about actual diagnosis and healing being
disallowed??

Tom

Paul in Australia 08-13-2005 04:16 PM

Re: DLLs - where do I get them from
 

"Linker3000" <Linker3000@youkaytwodotnetuk2.net> wrote in message
news:42fe0d79$0$21186$db0fefd9@news.zen.co.uk...
> Pat wrote:
> > This group would be pretty pointless if only the A+ was ever discussed.

>
> Er, that's what it's for (A+) - but over the last year or so it has
> become a general chat shop for anyone with a computer problem who's
> either too lazy to use Google or find a more appropriate group in which
> to post.


Since everyone with A+ knows everything there is to know about computer
repairs, why are they even here?
People without A+ obviously aren't allowed to ask their dumb questions here
'cos they're not qualified.
Why is anyone here?

My question was "what's the best place to get DLLs from?"

All the web sites I found using Google (Yes I did try that first), wanted
money.

So I thought "Hmm, maybe there's some really obvious place everyone goes
when the need a DLL, I'll just ask the group, they're always nice and
helpful."

A one word answer would have done the trick. ie webzilla. But instead I get
all this sh!t.


And if there is a better newsgroup for these sorts of questions, tell me and
I'll gladly fckoffski!



Paul in Australia 08-13-2005 05:55 PM

Re: DLLs - where do I get them from
 

"Thumper" <jaylsmith@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:kdasf1d46tph3vjau61nfta1bsfb84jg5d@4ax.com...
> On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 02:16:45 +1000, "Paul in Australia"
>
> Don't be scared off by the obnoxious ones.
> Thumper


Thumper and Smackedass rule!

That's two on my Christmas card list.





Linker3000 08-23-2005 03:06 AM

Re: DLLs - where do I get them from
 
Tom MacIntyre wrote:
> On Sat, 13 Aug 2005 12:06:15 -0400, Thumper <jaylsmith@comcast.net>
> wrote:
>
>
>>On Sat, 13 Aug 2005 16:10:49 +0100, Linker3000
>><Linker3000@youkaytwodotnetuk2.net> wrote:
>>
>>
>>>Pat wrote:
>>>
>>>>This group would be pretty pointless if only the A+ was ever discussed.
>>>
>>>Er, that's what it's for (A+) - but over the last year or so it has
>>>become a general chat shop for anyone with a computer problem who's
>>>either too lazy to use Google or find a more appropriate group in which
>>>to post.

>>
>>
>>That's bullshit. This group has ALWAYS been about answering
>>questions.
>>Thumper

>
>
> I've been here for about 6-7 years, and you are correct. Could you
> imagine having a newsgroup concerned with getting through medical
> school, and having questions about actual diagnosis and healing being
> disallowed??
>
> Tom


Sorry Tom, I don't agree and I've been here quite some time too - just
checked, my first post was Dec 19 1999. Anyway I'm not a moderator so I
don't expect things to change, but over the years it's been harder to
come here and get specific info on A+ certification without having to
sift through tons of posts on general IT maintenance, software problems,
hijaakthis dumps etc. I know this because my students have told me so.

There's other newsgroups on home networking, home built computers etc.
where these posts would be more appropriate but there we go.

L3K




All times are GMT. The time now is 09:46 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.