Velocity Reviews

-   -   XP Starting UP???? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t664264-xp-starting-up.html)

Mark 06-14-2005 12:36 PM

XP Starting UP????

I have a weird situation going on with my PC. I shut the PC all the way
down and it shuts off completely, about three minutes later it will start
back up by itself. I have disabled Wake on LAN and Magic Packet Wakeup on
the NIC card, but it still will startup....any suggestions? Also I am not
hooked to a PXE server either...just a broadband modem to adelphia.

Thanks,
Mark

AG 06-15-2005 10:55 PM

Re: XP Starting UP????

"Mark" <mschal@adelphia.net> wrote in message
>I have a weird situation going on with my PC. I shut the PC all the way
>down and it shuts off completely, about three minutes later it will start
>back up by itself. I have disabled Wake on LAN and Magic Packet Wakeup on
>the NIC card, but it still will startup....any suggestions? Also I am not
>hooked to a PXE server either...just a broadband modem to adelphia.
>
> Thanks,
> Mark

Have you done AV and Spyware scans?
Have you tried unplugging the NIC?

AG

Mark 06-16-2005 12:40 AM

Re: XP Starting UP????

"AG" <atenor@email.com> wrote in message
news:il2se.1041$kX4.92@newssvr30.news.prodigy.com. ..

> "Mark" <mschal@adelphia.net> wrote in message
>>I have a weird situation going on with my PC. I shut the PC all the way
>>down and it shuts off completely, about three minutes later it will start
>>back up by itself. I have disabled Wake on LAN and Magic Packet Wakeup on
>>the NIC card, but it still will startup....any suggestions? Also I am not
>>hooked to a PXE server either...just a broadband modem to adelphia.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Mark

> Have you done AV and Spyware scans?
> Have you tried unplugging the NIC?
>
> AG

Figured it out....updated the nic driver and disabled the "PME Enabled" on
the card.